When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tire sizes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Can I fit a S-2 26x2.125 on a 26 in S-7 wheel?
Nope. You can get real close with the new F&S brick tread, it's an oversize S-7 tire.
Here's a comparison with the repop Westwind.

Maybe @Hammerhead can tell you what the maximum wheel and tire set can be used on a middleweight. There are only two tires made today for an S-7 that fills in the fenders. Changing out the rims gives you unlimited tire choices but you're still limited and even more so if using the fenders or brake calipers.

1605674933298.png

The widest tires that I run are on my Panther 3. Those are Kenda Kiniption 26 x2.30 [etrto 58-559] I did flare out the fenders just a bit, and I don't think they are truly 2.30 tires like they are marked. Because the Maxxis DTH tires I have on the Western Flyer are wider.
The Maxxis tires would probably fit without fenders and lengthen the chain so the tire is farther back. The wheel would have to be very true also. The 26 x2.125 beach cruiser tires fit with little issues. Other than changing the wheels from the S-7 to a standard wheel. I prefer the larger tires as I ride the rail trails very frequently. Good luck with which ever tires you choose.
Hammerhead

Back