When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tires for schwinn 1951 panther?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
there are so many different tires it is very difficult figuring out what is original to my bike. it is a real challenge

I have bought Panthers in original condition with chain thread tires. If you want to ride a lot then if I were you I'd seek John and get yourself a whitewall set of his chain thread tires...they look sharp and you'll not regret wearing out originals...

I believe they would have been Goodyear Airwheel or Royal Master. I believe someone posted an article indicating that Typhoon Cords were not available during this time. I could be wrong though. V/r Shawn
Likely that was me. The deluxe Schwinns I had during that time frame which I thought had original tires had W/W U S Royal Masters.
These articles are from The Schwinn Reporter, First shown March, 1951 Second May,1952.

Wow thank you! Very interesting and useful now I know my tires where never white wall because of the time period my bike was manufactured 5-1-1951. Thank you!

Affirmative in the bad chrome years. Fabers cyclery schooled me on this a long time ago I just couldn't remember what years. It had to do with worker safety....a lot of people were getting hurt ...burned skin for example.

Here is a link. The ad is for clay tires which you don't want. Ask John about the white wall U.S. royal chain tires. You will have the choice of white wall and off white for the aged classics.good luck

Back