When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To buy or not to buy... Rust is the question.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
if you have to ask others I'd say pass.

what was the price? all of them or each?

that's at least a $200.00 bike where I live. of course it would be listed on Craigslist for $500.00 and never sell like so many others.
They're firm at 150 which isnt bad. But they are a full tank of gas away.
If it was local it'd be in the basement already.
Too much on my plate for that right now.

In Ottumwa, IA on FB marketplace for anyone that's in want.

While I was worrying about this line-up, a 60s Typhoon was listed and sold in 1 hour for 200.
By the pics it was in real good shape.

I will be picking up a few I've been pining over next week so it's easy to watch these pass.

Serial number might tell the story. Looks like a 54 jaguar but the rear brake broke off or never was a jaguar but phantom or streamliner. Either which way. Still looks like a fun project

Interesting. Learn something new everyday! Did not know they made a balloon tire with rim brakes. Very cool. I’d be all over that personally. Just a neat bike, and would be cool to see it riding again in all its ratty glory.

" But they are a full tank of gas away."

we no longer measure trips by time or distance anymore. 🙁
It's true, it would cost another hundred on top considering gas and lunch. the thing that turns me off really is that seat. The bike is sight unseen. So I get there and find terminal rust like the seat. Dents, bends, etc.

There wasn't any rust to speak of when finding old bikes in Tucson, but there weren't many.
I'll get used to it I'm sure. But not yet.

Back