When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To C or not to BC

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thank you Obi - Wan for the explanation and images...I had to pull out my frame to make sense of the descriptions but it has really helped...

I have a few more questions if that is okay...

On the "C' model - The truss rods (that I have seen from images) have a slight angle after the fork eyelets and go straight up to the fork bracket... they do not have any bend to them.

On other models, the truss rods have a slight bend after the fork eyelets. this style is more pleasing to the eye in my opinion

Did the truss rods style change over the production of the model "C" or were they all the same?

Maybe I'm confusing these with the "BC" frames?

Thank you Obi - Wan for the explanation and images...I had to pull out my frame to make sense of the descriptions but it has really helped...

On the "C' model - The truss rods (that I have seen from images) have a slight angle after the fork eyelets and go straight up to the fork bracket... they do not have any bend to them.

On other models, the truss rods have a slight bend after the fork eyelets. this style is more pleasing to the eye in my opinion

Did the truss rods style change over the production of the model "C" or were they all the same?

The early production c models are the ones that had the bend you speak of, after that all the same I think. So 36 to 37 possibly
C mod was a way to get rid of parts they had laying around. So that style truss probably is leftover b10 stuff

Last edited:

You mean these yes?
06945f8f131d1084cbdb2f69dd0428f9-1.jpg

Thanks for posting Obi. Great info. Never heard of the fist trick. Just knew the opening was smaller on the C.

Last edited:
Anyone know whatever happened to JC? I think he had a BC.....and maybe a C...........and tho not PC could have swung both AC / DC..........there, C how EC that was?

Back