When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To C or not to BC

-
So th correct label for this '38 would be a 16" Model C?

IMG_20140902_185150-1.jpg

I rarely get excited about Schwinns but I love the BC's. This is one that Paul had at Copake last year that is the bike I most regret not buying from that show.

P1050683.JPG

Edit* maybe this is a c mod? I could have sworn these were always called Bc's. Couldn't someone post some catalogue pages to back this up?

Last edited:
DX, B model, C model (tall), and Motorbike. Then there is the Aerocycle and a Camelback. (The Aerocycle is a fake).
_DSC5014.JPG
_DSC5015.JPG

Thanks for adding the frames! The early B model shown would become the platform for the BC frame later on among others. Later B models would start having the curved dt and lower stays with a slight upward bend.

Last edited:
It's a tall frame and I'm sure the fork is the same height as a Girls fork, guess I need to start collecting parts...

DX, B model, C model (tall), and Motorbike. Then there is the Aerocycle and a Camelback. (The Aerocycle is a fake). View attachment 190343View attachment 190344

If possible, can you clarify the year for each frame?

The third frame that you have identified as a "Model C" is different than the earlier images labeled Model C from Obi-Wan.

Your frames Straight Bar ( Middle Bar) intersect with Both the Bottom Straight Bar and the Fork (or Steer) Tube. There is another frame shown on page 2 of this thread...a 1939 Mead with the curved down tube that has the same intersection point at the Fork tube so maybe your frame is another type of Model C?

Just trying to understand what the differences are...

It is a tall C model frame. Due to the taller head tube, the geometry on tall frames is a little different from a regular frame.

Back