When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To C or not to BC

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
C-mod for Mead....

The Mead is also a tall frame, and the only "C" I have seen with a curved dt.
It is a tall C model frame. Due to the taller head tube, the geometry on tall frames is a little different from a regular frame.
IMG_8731.jpg

IMG_8731.jpg

Could someone help explain this? Note extra tall seat tube, 19" top of seat clamp to center of crank, but the lower top tube attaches to the down tube at a location like the 18" models. It looks like the seat tube came from a tall model but the frame is a standard. Tall or standard frame?

c4267d5d7fa0547a249e88612ca99636_zps27c9-1.jpg

Last edited:
very interesting thread here. i had to go pull out some bikes and compare the frames to see if i could figure them out. thank all of you for the post/postings

The 'b' and 'bc' are the same frame with different paint schemes. This applies to both the 'diamond' frame and the 'curved lower bar' frame on both 'b' and ''bc'. The 'b' model in general has 'points' pattern(*) and the 'bc' has an 'arrowhead/darts' pattern on the head tube area. (The 'c' model has been found with both 'points' and 'arrowhead/darts' pattern). Depending how they are equipped with or without tanks changes the model within the 'b' or 'bc' range offerings. To answer one of the questions above-the tank from the 'bc' will fit the regular motorbike 'b' frame-and vice verse! (Actually the 'bc' tank pressings are the same as the 'b' motorbike but without a door and have a push button buzzer on the left side in place of the door found on the motorbike tank.).

(*)The paint pattern will vary on 'b.f. goodrich' built models.

Last edited:
Back