When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To Cell phone ( bring along/or even use) or not while riding. Yay or Nay?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
They can use their own phone to call Mrs. Cleaver to tell her I'm coming for dinner.
The Beav and Wally would like to see you. Even Larry may come by after.

Beav and Larry.png

good grief why does everyone have to make excuses for carrying a cell phone? just say "because I feel like it!"..you don't need to justify it to anyone...enough with stupid excuses!!… .of course I don't ride bikes anymore because I might get run over and die, I had to quit surfing because I never learned how to surf and answer my cell phone at the same time, I never let them put me to sleep for surgery because my phone might ring with an emergency, I always carry mine in case the news announces the sun is burning out and I want to be with my loved ones so we can all freeze to death together, hahaha!!

good grief why does everyone have to make excuses for carrying a cell phone? just say "because I feel like it!"..you don't need to justify it to anyone...enough with stupid excuses!!… .of course I don't ride bikes anymore because I might get run over and die, I had to quit surfing because I never learned how to surf and answer my cell phone at the same time, I never let them put me to sleep for surgery because my phone might ring with an emergency, I always carry mine in case the news announces the sun is burning out and I want to be with my loved ones so we can all freeze to death together, hahaha!!

We should all become "bubble Boys" ( Seinfeld) and stay away from people, the sun, cell phones, food, beer, and live on Gilligan's Island. Ha!! It's -19 F here today. Tune in for more news on the sun burning out. Gather your loved ones!! It's a thread that seems to be getting some action. That's what it's all about. We are becoming robots. Take me to your leader!! Ha!! Happy New Year!!

Charlie Brown.jpg

^^^ People, sun and food (& beer) are great! We unfortunately love the easy button for everything(Target) and Zuckerberg(the juvenile) knows it. I need some cave time just to get away from it all. Too many intrusions into our lives...can't concentrate any more on my bikes. Don't call me I won't answer....:blush:

^^^ People, sun and food are great! We unfortunately love the easy button for everything(Target) and Zuckerberg(the juvenile) knows it. I need some cave time just to get away from it all. Too many intrusions into our lives...can't concentrate any more on my bikes.:blush:

"Too many intrusions into our lives...can't concentrate any more on my bikes" I agree.......I like to be "unavailable" quite often/off the grid"....Ha!! Yes, people, sun and food are great!

I don't do facebook either. For many people it's an excellent way to bond with family and friends!! ( but)Do I need to know what you had for breakfast? We are all different. To each their own. I'm "old school" ( 61 years old) and feel ( my opinion only) we have opened our lives up Too MUCH...privacy is almost gone ( social media/Big Brother/eye in the sky/camera/abuse of cell phones) and have lost the art of one on one human interaction, and plain old thinking for yourself, or being removed from electronic devices. Sure, I like my laptop, but do I need it 24/7? I have ruffled a few feathers I guess on dedicated phone users. Boo...hoo....Ha!! Seriously, I respect their choice.

I just wanted to see who is "connected"and to what degree. The CABE is a blast. I'm on it regular. If someone wants to sleep with their phone, none of my beezwax, or ignore people ( to ignore a child is just wrong) that they are with, or stare into a screen most of the day, go for it!! I see people( I swim 3-5 times a week) in public locker rooms, bathrooms ( urinals/crappers) grocery stores etc.., on their phones and shake my head. I reported a guy who had his phone in the showers at the public pool last year. Where do we draw the line? The obsession of "selfies" just kills me.

I ride my bikes to "get away" from the electronics ( except my horn and lights that are vintage) that seem to run our lives. A bit of simplicity. I admit I'm in familiar territory, usually only several miles from home. If I crash, I'll get help from a passerby, won't get lost..or if I do, I'll ask directions ( have never used GPS..don't know how), or go into a business or flag for help if somehow need assistance. Just like the good old days.

Back