When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To established CABE Members from a "concerned" CABE Member

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I agree pretty much with Gary. I am a Cabe member from back in the late 80's, yes I'm an old man compared to some of you. I had a collection of about 40 bikes and traded and sold about 400 bikes. I came back to the Cabe to get in touch with some of the old timers and to find a Schwinn B10E, which I did. That was the only bike I wish I had kept out of my collection. Back when I joined the Cabe in the late 80's The Cabe was a printed monthly newsletter. We traded and sold by phone calls, word of mouth, and written ads. All seemed good, I'm sure we had our problems also. As some of you may have noticed I have only been back about a month. I did notice all the negativity and snide remarks. I was actually surprised. It didn't scare me away BUT I did say to myself, what the hell is this? I will keep reading and posting as I need, I will also not let those remarks bother me. I may want a few more bikes, I am paying attention to peoples remarks about others. It may have an effect on who I would and would not want to buy from. I'm not perfect and I don't know it all. If anyone out there is perfect and does know it all, let me know who you are. You may be a person I would want to deal with. Good luck to all and be safe.

I was a member in the 80's, as well.
Nothing like today. Fortunately this 63 year old has a son that is a good computer tutor and he is afflicted with the bicycle disease. I guess that is better than being a drug Zombie! :^)

[[Attacking people on a thread is immature and not ok, and intentionally disregarding the rules (no matter what your personal feelings are), is also not ok. I feel like some people are just lacking in basic manners and respect. It sucks for those of us that are respectful, and play by the rules.]]

Dave,Old Rider.Come on over to my place so we can sit in a circle ,hug and kiss make up and be friends. In the future I shall try refraining from calling you guys morons,nincompoops,idiots,jerks,buttheads,etc.
I enjoy the occasional disagreements on the Cabe.This is like a big family and everyone knows NO family gets along 24/7. Let Scott decide what is getting out of hand.The Cabe would really be boring if everyone was all kum ba yah! YUP, There are different spellings of kum ba yah.Lets start a debate.

I'm a lover of all things antique, especially bicycles......I know I'll never own the beautiful bikes I see here so I enjoy looking at the photos. I'm also guilty of letting the "parters" get under my skin and have been known to let it get the best of me in a post. But more then that I enjoy the banter with the two nincompoops, Dave and Vince and a few others. After a stress filled day at work its great to have a few laughs with likeminded folks.

I agree pretty much with Gary. I am a Cabe member from back in the late 80's, yes I'm an old man compared to some of you. I had a collection of about 40 bikes and traded and sold about 400 bikes. I came back to the Cabe to get in touch with some of the old timers and to find a Schwinn B10E, which I did. That was the only bike I wish I had kept out of my collection. Back when I joined the Cabe in the late 80's The Cabe was a printed monthly newsletter. We traded and sold by phone calls, word of mouth, and written ads. All seemed good, I'm sure we had our problems also. As some of you may have noticed I have only been back about a month. I did notice all the negativity and snide remarks. I was actually surprised. It didn't scare me away BUT I did say to myself, what the hell is this? I will keep reading and posting as I need, I will also not let those remarks bother me. I may want a few more bikes, I am paying attention to peoples remarks about others. It may have an effect on who I would and would not want to buy from. I'm not perfect and I don't know it all. If anyone out there is perfect and does know it all, let me know who you are. You may be a person I would want to deal with. Good luck to all and be safe.
the cabe goes back to the 80's ? i didn't know that.i started getting the bike shopper back in 1989 and then the cabe when richard truitt had it or i think even before that?.a real good one was the one out of ann arbor michigan called Ant.& Classic bicycle news

Last edited:
subtype

"3 sellers who want the furror and bidding and squabbling. they don't care about the forum, they just want their money, and as much of it as possible."

3a sellers who want the furror and bidding and squabbling. they **DO*** care about the forum, they just want their money, and as much of it as possible.

more money = more toys = :D =enabling me to say YES instead of wish I could...

RE: rules

I agree with Gary for the most part.

I consider myself still rather new to the world of the cabe... Though, I have been a collector & seller for years of all things cool.

When I created my first listing I made the mistake of not reading the rules. It was pointed out fairly quickly - BUT some of the responses were rather scathing. Once it was pointed out I quickly resolved it by listing a price and location. Most members were quite polite and nice... But it turned into a big deal for some reason.

I have to say I was slightly unhappy with the outcome of that thread. Something that was a simple oversight and corrected fairly quickly had left me with a feeling of guilt - like I had shoplifted or something and been wrongly accused....now I was tainted in some manner. I was bummed.

There will always be those who like to bait others and create havoc at the same time. It is hard not to take the bait sometimes even when we know better. Like all the best things in life - lets just keep it simple & polite. (though, I like the guys who use humour to diffuse these situations or make a point.)

It's a small community and we have all been around the block a few times - lets play it cool.

Back