When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To PART or NOT to PART... that is the question?! 1936-37 Silver King M1

-
The consensus here seems to be to sell this bike complete, as it sits in un-restored original condition. One Caber who is extremely knowledgeable and who has extensive experience for many years selling lots of both complete bikes and rare parts suggested to me this bike might be worth $3200 to $3800. as a complete bike.

I added up all the parts and assigned them very conservative values (in most cases below what I see others asking/selling them for, or for prices I was actually offered for different parts) and all totaled up, the parts on this bike added up to $4300.

My question now is: What do you think a good asking price for this bike complete would be where it actually sells, rather than sitting with it for months or longer? Forget what I have into it, that's irrelevant, but what is your idea of a good market price on this bike in today's market? If all the parts sold individually they would bring well over $4K, but complete ballooners are a tough sell these days even prewar Silver Kings, thus my dilemma. I'm only asking for opinions here. If you saw this bike with a buy-it-now on eBay for $2800. would you think it a bargain? Would it inspire you to hit the button? Do you think it would sell, or sit there for months?

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
I added up all the parts and assigned them very conservative values (in most cases below what I see others asking/selling them for, or for prices I was actually offered for different parts) and all totaled up, the parts on this bike added up to $4300.

Thanks for your input!

Can you post your parts price list?

I have a similar Bike with a blue face clipper and I was asking 2200 and it hasn’t sold, I took it to a few shows everybody liked it but nobody bought it.
9C637146-4685-4910-97BF-D7A1FEDA4302.jpeg

I don't know much about value.... but I don't know if I see a bike between 3k-4k there. I don't even know if I see a bike that would fetch over 2k in today's market. I am often wrong, but the best you can do is put a price on it and see what offers come in. If you're not struggling for money then don't worry about squeezing out every last cent. If you are struggling for money, than you probably shouldn't be buying bikes in the first place.

My opinion is that it's your bike, do what you want.
I'd love to know how many (not who) have messaged you about selling certain parts?

Back