When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To Repair or Not This Rear Drop Split, Is It Worth It? Is it even possible?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

CafeCruiser

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi,

I'm in need of advice. My rear drop out, the right one, has a split/crack, and Im not sure whether this is something that can easily be repaired/should be repaired, and no idea how much it would cost.

Would you guys look at the pictures and share your thoughts?

Thanks,
IMG_0562.jpg
IMG_0563.jpg

Just about anything can be repaired. The question is "Is it worth it?" Looks like a multi-speed bike. What is it? V/r Shawn

I believe that would be a fairly easy repair. My concern is that this normally occurs when water gets in the tube, freezes, and expands causing the crack. That said are there any other areas that show signs of bulging or rust through? A five speed on a prewar? V/r Shawn

If the rest of the bike is nice then it may be worth it. Reach out to your friends to see who has the talent.
My friends don't have this type of talent, unfortunately. I'm gonna have to take it to a welder, so I wanted to have an idea of how much something like this would cost to repair.

Back