When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To restore or sell

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Lisetticamia

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello to all.
This is my first post and I can't wait to get answers from bicycle lovers.
So I bought this Peugeot Tourmalet in semi ruff state for $25. Needs new tires, tubes, tube tape, brake cables, front derailleur, handle bar tape, and brake grips. The frame cleaned up pretty well, and the rims are straight and there is no rust inside of them. I have the extra front derailleur, I can put the tubes, tires myself as well as the bar tape. So would it be worth spending around $70 for the tires and tubes or sell it as is without tires and tubes?

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks!

20171230_143532.jpg

20171230_143550.jpg

20171230_143555.jpg

20171230_143558.jpg

20171230_143603.jpg

That's a cool bike for the road guys.
As is, is usually the way to go, if you plan on selling it.
If the new owner is someone who wants to ride a nice old road bike, then he or she will probably want to make the choices from here on out.
Welcome to the CABE, and thanks for bringing your interest here.

What is your end goal?

If its learning on how to work on bikes thats not a bad canidiate. Pretty standard stuff on that bike to learn from.

If its finding a bike to ride thats not a bad start, but you can certainly do better condition wise. 10 speed style bikes are cheap and plentiful.

If it "flipping" to make money, have at it. But thats a very tough road. Just spend some time monitoring Craigslist in any major city. Refurbished bikes like these routinely sit for months.

What is your end goal?

If its learning on how to work on bikes thats not a bad canidiate. Pretty standard stuff on that bike to learn from.

If its finding a bike to ride thats not a bad start, but you can certainly do better condition wise. 10 speed style bikes are cheap and plentiful.

If it "flipping" to make money, have at it. But thats a very tough road. Just spend some time monitoring Craigslist in any major city. Refurbished bikes like these routinely sit for months.

Thanks for the reply. I think i'm going to clean it up a little more and just place tires and tubes and ride it for a bit, then maybe sell it. I don't plan on making a profit, like you said these old road bikes tend to take long to sell. I just knew if I didn't pick it up at that garage sale it would have been trashed. Thanks again!!!!

Back