When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC/1900s bicycle repair tools...modern equivalents available?

-

2000ITR

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi all:

Hopefully this is not a repeated post. I am trying to break down the headset and crank set (pics below) so that I can send the parts to the plater. The bike I am working on is a 1905 (#144) Pope Columbia. It appears the two top rings for the headset require specialty tools that I cannot seem to locate...the same for the crank assembly. I do have a Park Tool HCW-18 which works nicely on an old 1920s Elgin that I have...but this won't work on the Pope.

Are there modern equivalent tools out there that will do the job, or do I need to try and locate period tools? Thanks for any advice offered...I want to get this stuff to a plater but I am dead in the water at this point.

Joe

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

Thanks Lester! I will take a look. The yellow handle Park Tool is discontinued. Please be on the look out. The black and blue handled ones are apparently quite rare.

Back