When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC/1900s bicycle repair tools...modern equivalents available?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

2000ITR

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi all:

Hopefully this is not a repeated post. I am trying to break down the headset and crank set (pics below) so that I can send the parts to the plater. The bike I am working on is a 1905 (#144) Pope Columbia. It appears the two top rings for the headset require specialty tools that I cannot seem to locate...the same for the crank assembly. I do have a Park Tool HCW-18 which works nicely on an old 1920s Elgin that I have...but this won't work on the Pope.

Are there modern equivalent tools out there that will do the job, or do I need to try and locate period tools? Thanks for any advice offered...I want to get this stuff to a plater but I am dead in the water at this point.

Joe

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

Thanks Lester! I will take a look. The yellow handle Park Tool is discontinued. Please be on the look out. The black and blue handled ones are apparently quite rare.

Back