When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC aster motor pacer stayer steher gangmaker derny project

-
those are so sweet!......how are the builds coming?......maybe im missing something but i dont see a difference in the aster of yours and mine in terms of the mount....to me they look in the same spot....im told the big 6hp watercooled aster was really only used in the racing renault car (year escapes my memory) and the motorpacer that anzani built in 01

post card from today

fullsizeoutput_15a2.jpeg

hi all.....long time no updates.....i spent fathers day throwing some time on the motorpacer project....alot has changed since last updates.

I found a 1898 de dion motor and brought it home.....actually the de dion inadvertently led to finding a even more rare motor....a 6 1/2 hp aster watercooled circa 1902.....and appears never run aka "nos"

this led me to reassess the builds......i had been collecting derelict toc tandems for certain parts/tubes/castings etc and i had what amounted to an almost complete orient based (from era pictures) motorpacer in pieces.....and my original aster motor which was a bit of kismet......and also my original chassis which honestly was a better match for the de dion motor.

so long story there are now 3 separate toc motorpacer builds under one little roof, the plan thus far is using as much original castings and even tubing to recreate the 2 "new" motorpacers........oh and i managed to find some more related/theme rare important pieces as well

updates have been slow i apologize.....pictured below the newly mocked up original chassis with de dion motor.....behind it is a pile of original orient and the aircooled aster motor

IMG_9994.JPG

IMG_9995.JPG

i dont think this is pacer.......but its plenty interesting

View attachment 122808

===========>
Here's another picture of the Electric Tandem pacing Walters. You mentioned you didn't think it was a Pacing Tandem so here ya go!

Not sure it's the exact same bike either as this one has supports under the rear lower bar where your pic doesn't have them. Different riders too I believe.

s-l1600 2.jpg

oh wow! thats funny i was in a bike shop not long ago and i saw that pic up on the wall of just the bike again.....made me wonder all over again....but this sorta helps sum it up!

Back