When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC Ball End Spokes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

GiovanniLiCalsi

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I’m interested in making some TOC ball end spokes.
I will take photos, document and post the method, here.
Will someone please send me the spoke and ball diameters and length of spoke, past the ball.

My bike has one spoke with a bit of a hack to make it work. I will try to take it apart and take some pics tomorrow.
20190912_163239[1].jpg

@GiovanniLiCalsi
What almost appears to be two different ball ends illustrated in the photos when the spoke is rotated 90 degrees is actually a little flange or lip created during the ball forming process. That flange or lip helps keep the spoke from simply spinning while tightening the spoke nipple as the spoke might if the ball end was perfectly symmetrical. Also the little point on the end of the spoke is important to keep the spoke ball from simply popping out of the hole in the hub.

There are thru hub shell, porcupine and block maybe more styles plus, the hub shell diameters will vary. Really need to get measurements of known front and rear hub spokes in use.

If we are only talking about ballend spokes... All the spokes I have came to about the same length, give or take 2 threads, and have been taken out of the various hub posted. The only couple hubs missing, I believe, are a racing set and a 2 spd. I can't tell you anything about the racing set. The 2 spd hub has a slightly larger "flange" then the single speed model. I will try to check the spoke length on the 2 spd this weekend but I'm pretty sure they are about the same length.
IMG_20190909_205915317.jpg

IMG_20190919_212154682.jpg

Back