When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC Cleveland

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
everybody calm down.... there are no secrets once it hits the internet. if it's local on your Craigslist go buy it. I've bought bikes at my local estate sales that I was bidding against guys in California, why because it was on the web. you can't blame the sellers there trying to get market price. that said I feel your frustration, when it goes from 500 to a couple thousand, it's just the times we live in

tanksalot- Your assertion that I am costing you money by posting bikes in the Craigslist,Eay section is absurd. If you have a problem with me posting bikes there then take it up with Scott. I'm not breaking any rules as far as I know.

Why not address me in a private conversation instead of posting it on the forum ? Were you hoping that more guys would pile on and make you feel better ? Nothing in this life is for certain except death. Whether or not you are able to purchase a bike on CL is not solely up to me. Don't make me the bad guy for posting some interesting bikes on a forum devoted to hobbyists. Not everyone is in it for the money.

First off I don’t need others to pile on as you call it to defend me that wasn’t my intention. I have other things to do with my spare time than to deal with this current issue. You think I’m just in this for the $$$ thats pretty funny . How many bikes do you have ? Most every member here buys and sells to change there collection to thier liking . Do I sell stuff yes. But I also have kept several things over time and rebuild bikes a lot of people wouldn’t attempt to do .
What is happening is it’s not just costing people $$ ( although it has for a fact cost me $ ) it’s costing other local members $$ and the chance at a local buy for a fair price. Others on the forum in other parts of the country are not having to deal with this on the forum why should we . Once it hits the internet it’s fair game . But what is happening here your unnecessary feeding 1 pigeon to 50 hungry cats. I don’t think it was malicious on your part . But after this latest post I decided to speak up . I’m done as far as this subject is considered.

Last edited:
everybody calm down.... there are no secrets once it hits the internet. if it's local on your Craigslist go buy it. I've bought bikes at my local estate sales that I was bidding against guys in California, why because it was on the web. you can't blame the sellers there trying to get market price. that said I feel your frustration, when it goes from 500 to a couple thousand, it's just the times we live in

I’m all for sellers trying to get a fair price . What’s happening here is a member putting up every decent deal up from random sellers he don’t know and has never met giving us in the North East unnecessary composition. And on very fresh ads . Creating a uneven playing field on a specific forum gearing towards what we all look for .

I’m all for sellers trying to get a fair price . What’s happening here is a member putting up every decent deal up from random sellers he don’t know and has never met giving us in the North East unnecessary composition. And on very fresh ads . Creating a uneven playing field on a specific forum gearing towards what we all look for .
I don't have a dog in this fight, but why do we have a section on the cabe for ebay, Craigslist, etc. except to post interesting bikes we see.....do away with it. as far as level playing field, that's not going to happen. the bike hobby has really gotten competitive and hate to say sometimes cutthroat. there is always someone out there with more money. don't think I don't feel your pain... ok I'm done and off my soap box.

I say this with all due respect Just somthing to think about if he starts posting all the bikes in your area and was costing you time wasted effort and $$ then you would understand.
With no disrespect intended, I would gladly trade ten years of New Mexico Craigslist posts for six months of Massachusetts. With CL and bicycles, if it is a killer deal the local person always has the advantage because they can swoop in with cash in hand and drive away happy.

With no disrespect intended, I would gladly trade ten years of New Mexico Craigslist posts for six months of Massachusetts. With CL and bicycles, if it is a killer deal the local person always has the advantage because they can swoop in with cash in hand and drive away happy.

This is certainly a strange scenario with no asking price in the ad likely leading to a protracted and highly competitive sales cycle.

I think a good analogy might be that of a favorite fishing hole. In this case the fishing hole is publicly accessible (anyone can fish there), but only a few people like you know it’s a no-miss spot. You don’t mind someone telling a friend about it, but you would likely be disappointed if the location were broadcast widely to the general population.

I’ll often pass a lead to a specific individual if I know it matches their buying/collecting profile. Right or wrong, there’s something about the broadcast nature of a “Hey everyone! Check this out!” that makes me feel as though I’ve had an advantage taken from me. My apologies if this sounds like entitled whining, because in the fishing hole analogy everyone has the right to fish in that spot. And nobody is breaking a rule or law by telling everyone else about it. But that does little to help the disappointment when you lose that unique advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
First off I don’t need others to pile on as you call it to defend me that wasn’t my intention. I have other things to do with my spare time than to deal with this current issue. You think I’m just in this for the $$$ thats pretty funny . How many bikes do you have ? Most every member here buys and sells to change there collection to thier liking . Do I sell stuff yes. But I also have kept several things over time and rebuild bikes a lot of people wouldn’t attempt to do .
What is happening is it’s not just costing me $$ ( although it has for a fact ) it’s costing other local members $$ and the chance at a local buy for a fair price. Others on the forum in other parts of the country are not having to deal with this on the forum why should we . Once it hits the internet it’s fair game . But what is happening here your unnecessary feeding 1 pigeon to 50 hungry cats. I don’t think it was malicious on your part . But after this latest post I decided to speak up . I’m done as far as this subject is considered.

The bottom line is this. I don't know you or your collecting habits. Blasting someone on a public forum that was created specifically for this is ridiculous. Try using direct communication next time you have an issue with another member instead of ranting about how unfair life is because you can't get first crack at every awesome bike posted on the internet.

This is certainly a strange scenario with no asking price in the ad likely leading to a protracted and highly competitive sales cycle.

I think a good analogy might be that of a favorite fishing hole. In this case the fishing hole is publicly accessible (anyone can fish there), but only a few people like you know it’s a no-miss spot. You don’t mind someone telling a friend about it, but you would likely be disappointed if the location were broadcast widely to the general population.

I’ll often pass a lead to a specific individual if I know it matches their buying/collecting profile. Right or wrong, there’s something about the broadcast nature of a “Hey everyone! Check this out!” that makes me feel as though I’ve had an advantage taken from me. My apologies if this sounds like entitled whining, because in the fishing hole analogy everyone has the right to fish in that spot. And nobody is breaking a rule or law by telling everyone else about it. But that does little to help the disappointment when you lose that unique advantage.

I hear what you're saying Lester but this is Craigslist not some magical place that only a few people know about. Everyone and their brother has access to this site. The competition between Cabe members and the public at large for these bikes has nothing to do with me posting them. They are already aware of them.

When the bikes get public , it does not automatically raise the price ,. I have received some very nice bikes for free up to 1,000s of dollars, a lot just because the seller liked how I would conduct the transaction , all bikes listed on the Internet are available to everyone , . With craigslist , use search all craigslist , or just type in random things in the address bar , this CABE ,is not the only site where bikes are listed . There is not a set price or a magic wand to designate who gets what , . I have people try and cut me out of deals all the time , offering more money , or there other tactics . Everyone learns about pricing and CABE conduct , or Facebook marketplace , or ebay . I offer bikes lower than what I have seen them sell for , and people will still try and get the bikes , thinking they are dealing with a scrap or junk yard ,. I recently bought a skylark for 450.00 original price on Craigslist was 400.00 , someone offered more if the people would save it till the weekend , I still got it ,and sold it for 2500, the lady who bought it got upset that I bought it for 450 and sold it for 2500, . I offered her money back , and she would not sell the bike back to me . Good luck finding your prize

72349129_210543539940139_4480702048613957632_o.jpg

Back