When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC Cleveland

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bottom line is this. I don't know you or your collecting habits. Blasting someone on a public forum that was created specifically for this is ridiculous. Try using direct communication next time you have an issue with another member instead of ranting about how unfair life is because you can't get first crack at every awesome bike posted on the internet.[/QUOTE]

Interesting you keep going at me when I didn’t start this thread in the first place . I replied to a thread I only wish I started last year and chose not to kind of wish I said somthing back then .

When the bikes get public , it does not automatically raise the price ,. I have received some very nice bikes for free up to 1,000s of dollars, a lot just because the seller liked how I would conduct the transaction , all bikes listed on the Internet are available to everyone , . With craigslist , use search all craigslist , or just type in random things in the address bar , this CABE ,is not the only site where bikes are listed . There is not a set price or a magic wand to designate who gets what , . I have people try and cut me out of deals all the time , offering more money , or there other tactics . Everyone learns about pricing and CABE conduct , or Facebook marketplace , or ebay . I offer bikes lower than what I have seen them sell for , and people will still try and get the bikes , thinking they are dealing with a scrap or junk yard ,. I recently bought a skylark for 450.00 original price on Craigslist was 400.00 , someone offered more if the people would save it till the weekend , I still got it ,and sold it for 2500, the lady who bought it got upset that I bought it for 450 and sold it for 2500, . I offered her money back , and she would not sell the bike back to me . Good luck finding your prize

View attachment 1076340
I agree totally how you conduct a transaction is very important on keeping a deal fair. I recently bought somthing and paid more than the asking price just because the way the deal went and it was a good item. I respectfully disagree that posting every single bike that is fresh in a general area on a bicycle forum that the entire world sees doesn’t affect the price. The sad fact is it does affect the price and has directly happened to me . I’ve had this happen more than once when some one far away has made offerers while I was in route to pick up bikes and had to pay more. I even found out some bikes where posted on this forum section on very fresh ads from a person who seems to have no interest in buying these deals them self rather just screw it up for others that are local . It is the internet and that’s fair game I get that that but this forum is specialized for bikes so when you dangle a bird In Front of 50 starving cats they all attack .

Last edited:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bottom line is this. I don't know you or your collecting habits. Blasting someone on a public forum that was created specifically for this is ridiculous. Try using direct communication next time you have an issue with another member instead of ranting about how unfair life is because you can't get first crack at every awesome bike posted on the internet.[/QUOTE]

Um I didn’t make this post I only wish I did last year .

everybody calm down.... there are no secrets once it hits the internet. if it's local on your Craigslist go buy it. I've bought bikes at my local estate sales that I was bidding against guys in California, why because it was on the web. you can't blame the sellers there trying to get market price. that said I feel your frustration, when it goes from 500 to a couple thousand, it's just the times we live in
I spend hours searching for bikes it’s not just the extra money it’s also about wasted time in effort. I end up paying and losing out on my efforts on deals that are broad casted here .How would you feel if I start putting up every bike I find in your area with in a hour after it’s posted . And I have no intention of buying the bike or any bike. You will very differently about it I bet . I say this for prospective not to be unprofessional.

I hear what you're saying Lester but this is Craigslist not some magical place that only a few people know about. Everyone and their brother has access to this site. The competition between Cabe members and the public at large for these bikes has nothing to do with me posting them. They are already aware of them.

People in other states don’t search the other side of the Country on Craigslist or Facebook market place Usually your posting adds that would likely stay local to a lot of people even for a little longer. That would be glad to get a nice bike for a decent price . Your also wasting a lot of people’s search efforts . I don’t see any members posting every fresh find in their area that is a good deal besides the ones that your doing . Why because it’s disrespectful to the people that are local to them or better yet they buy the bike!

People in other states don’t search the other side of the Country on Craigslist or Facebook market place Usually your posting adds that would likely stay local to a lot of people even for a little longer. That would be glad to get a nice bike for a decent price . Your also wasting a lot of people’s search efforts . I don’t see any members posting every fresh find in their area that is a good deal besides the ones that your doing . Why because it’s disrespectful to the people that are local to them or better yet they buy the bike!
I was going to stay out of this, but you really seem to act like this is your livelihood.
You say it’s a hobby for you, but that’s not how you’re acting.
I do know what you are saying and I get it. Yet this helps people like me out who wouldn’t normally be able to find stuff like this. Especially in Florida.

By the way I’ve contacted the seller and he said the highest offer is $400. He could be just saying that to get close to what he was thinking he wanted.

I was going to stay out of this, but you really seem to act like this is your livelihood.
You say it’s a hobby for you, but that’s not how you’re acting.
I do know what you are saying and I get it. Yet this helps people like me out who wouldn’t normally be able to find stuff like this. Especially in Florida.

By the way I’ve contacted the seller and he said the highest offer is $400. He could be just saying that to get close to what he was thinking he wanted.

Livelihood no theres not enough $ in bikes to live on. Do I sell bike stuff yes ( As does most everyone on this forum mostly to buy more bike stuff ) & lots of other things . If you looked at my bicycle restoration page you may think differently . If I start posting every single fresh ad in Florida after you spend days looking for that one good deal you may then understand . Tiger Cat has been doing this for at least a year this is not a one time thing his entire profile is listing every good bike in the North East & he never seems to buy any of them. And no other Cabe member is doing this in any other part of the USA so why should we in the North East have or efforts wasted because of one person that has no intention of buying any of these bikes .

Last edited:
I hear what you're saying Lester but this is Craigslist not some magical place that only a few people know about. Everyone and their brother has access to this site. The competition between Cabe members and the public at large for these bikes has nothing to do with me posting them. They are already aware of them.

This is perfect Jim. I knew we could reach an accord that appealed to reason. Per your statement, both Cabe members and the public are already aware of these bikes. Since your postings are clearly redundant, you can cease and desist with the reposting of said bike listings. I love how a well-reasoned discourse can lead to a sensible resolution. I'm joking here (sort of).

In all seriousness, Craigslist isn't the magical place or fishing hole, the listing itself is. I think that might be what you're missing. You're not the guy going around telling everyone that fish can be caught in a lake (Craigslist) or even in the lake in question (Craigslist Boston). You're the guy telling everyone exactly where those fish are after other people did the work to find the fishing hole, and in some cases, start fishing.

I have the least amount of skin in this fight. I'm small-time when it comes to bikes (you can thank my wife) and mostly a bottom feeder picking up old prewar junk in the hopes of getting a part or two for my current projects. But when I see your posts Jim, they're always accompanied by a kick-in-the-gut feeling like, "Great. Now everyone and their brother (including those who weren't even looking) are aware of this now." It's obviously a real thing if it incited a couple of other folks to post emotionally charged responses. In my case, it just bugs me. I can live with it, but figured I'd at least make my position known.

Back