eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

dnc1

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 1, 2016
Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK
Here's my blue National with the head badge removed and it appears to have preserved beautifully over the last 100 yrs.

IMG_5371.jpg
Doh!
I was so transfixed by that beautiful shade of blue yesterday that I've only just noticed the "gold decorations" as described in the catalogue description.
Cool!
Does anyone else think that the centre of the original blue paint is close to a vintage Bugatti azure blue?

Rambler

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Nov 1, 2011
Auburn Hills, United States
Doh!
I was so transfixed by that beautiful shade of blue yesterday that I've only just noticed the "gold decorations" as described in the catalogue description.
Cool!
Does anyone else think that the centre of the original blue paint is close to a vintage Bugatti azure blue?
You may be fairly close with your assessment of color. An exact replica of the National script and gold decals are available through "barracuda" here on the Cabe.

national-m4.jpg

dnc1

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 1, 2016
Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK
Harking back to "National" blue,
does anybody have opinions as to whether this may be worth trying an OA bath on?
Head tube as is.....
WP_20180206_19_48_46_Pro.jpg

Down tube, detail of where "National" transfer is situated.....
WP_20180206_19_49_35_Pro (2).jpg

Never tried using it before.
Thanks,
Darren.

Ed Minas

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 25, 2016
Ferndale, Michigan
Thanks to all you have posted. This has been very interesting and enlightening.
Cabers never cease to amaze me.

Ed Minas

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 25, 2016
Ferndale, Michigan
Thanks for sharing this. It is fascinating! So it looks like they applied enamel and then used the torch to heat it and cure it? What a job that must have been to just get the right amount of heat and not burn the paint.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Wcben

I live for the CABE
Jan 11, 2012
Fort Lauderdale, United States
Here you go Ed.
said to be un-restored:
gedc13411-1-jpg.jpg
Yep, unrestored, yep, from Blue’s collection but, this particular bike is a Miami, oddly enough, NOT a Racycle, he also has a Racycle factory racer in French Grey and another Pacemaker in the Gun Metal Blue.

Reactions: New Mexico Brant

Waffenrad

Look Ma, No Hands!
Oct 18, 2012
Here is some bold blue and silver stripe original paint. I don't know the make; there is an unfortunate dent where the head badge was lost. The frame has mono seat and chain stays, and a Fauber crank set. It is otherwise typical late-TOC with oversize thin-wall tubing, internal lugs, and nickel at the fork crown, dropouts, and elsewhere. The frame-set and cranks are original; the rest is bits and pieces. I'd love to identify this bike. I've ridden it on many century rides.

IMG_5634.JPG

Last edited:
This ad goes away when you register for an account!