When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toc Colors

-
View attachment 744140 View attachment 744141 National Cycle Mfg. Co......

Does anyone have pictures of"National Blue" enamel?
and those "Aluminium with blue stripe" rims?

Here's my blue National with the head badge removed and it appears to have preserved beautifully over the last 100 yrs.

IMG_5371.jpg

Here's my blue National with the head badge removed and it appears to have preserved beautifully over the last 100 yrs.

View attachment 744931
Doh!
I was so transfixed by that beautiful shade of blue yesterday that I've only just noticed the "gold decorations" as described in the catalogue description.
Cool!
Does anyone else think that the centre of the original blue paint is close to a vintage Bugatti azure blue?

Doh!
I was so transfixed by that beautiful shade of blue yesterday that I've only just noticed the "gold decorations" as described in the catalogue description.
Cool!
Does anyone else think that the centre of the original blue paint is close to a vintage Bugatti azure blue?

You may be fairly close with your assessment of color. An exact replica of the National script and gold decals are available through "barracuda" here on the Cabe.

national-m4.jpg

Harking back to "National" blue,
does anybody have opinions as to whether this may be worth trying an OA bath on?
Head tube as is.....
WP_20180206_19_48_46_Pro.jpg

Down tube, detail of where "National" transfer is situated.....
WP_20180206_19_49_35_Pro (2).jpg

Never tried using it before.
Thanks,
Darren.

Back