When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold TOC Custom Chrome Trick/Circus Bicycle.

-

IngoMike

I live for the CABE
TOC Custom Chrome Trick Cycle of William C. Hoefler Champion Trick-Rider, used in the US from 1893 - 1914. One of a kind Crome frame with trick cycle geometry, straight gauge fork, reinforced at every possible joint, oversized spokes, no twist headset and seat post, direct drive 14 x 12 gearing, Diamond Chain, 4 axle pegs, reinforced saddle, overall an amazing machine designed to be ridden hard. There is no markings on the frame, wheels or hubs, only the saddle has a makers mark on the top leather which is barely visible, and a strong imprint on the underside. The underside is marked, Gillian Mfg. Co., Canton Ohio, with 3 patent dates of 1890, 1895 & 1897. The saddle top is fragile, as seen in the photos there is a detached piece and the front seam is also detached. There are no pedals, and the crank arms have no threads. This bicycle was acquired with another similar trick bicycle, a High-Wheeler and a Uni-cycle, and a Silk performance costume. The other items have been dispersed, but I have photos and printouts of the lineage. W.C. Hoefler was known for originating tricks; riding backwards on an Ordinary bicycle; taking his bike apart while riding; riding down a 60’ ladder on a single wheel in 1889 in London during a five year tour with Barnum & Bailey Circus; and his supposedly hardest trick of a hand-stand on the saddle of a high wheeler while balancing on two stools, which stand on a pyramid of three tables, this guy was off the hook! “He always took great pride in his wheels, and they were marvels of workmanship and rare specimens of fine finish.” That pretty much says it all. Please see photos for condition, questions welcome. I will include all printouts of photos and lineage.
$2200.00/shipped in the lower 48, paid via PayPal friends and family, or add 3% ($66) for goods and services. I will personally overpack the bike for safe arrival and send you a tracking number as soon as I have one. NEW PRICE = $1400/SHIPPED, don't miss it!

Last edited:
Back