When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC Fixed Hub or New Departure BRX

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pedal4416

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I’m in need of a couple rideable fixed rear hub. I will be putting a ton of miles on this so the bearings/races need to be perfect and cog (preferably high teeth count 3/16) needs to be loose and ready to lace. Appearance is not too important, and I’m not looking to spend a small fortune!! Thank you!!!

Last edited:
@Jesse McCauley 3/16 cog, 9tooth and 4 1/2 frame space. the axle I need is 5/16 but I can slot the axle if needed. I am trying to get my Hartford ridable, but these wheels might get transferred to another bike in the near future.
Sounds like an earlier/96ish Hartford maybe? If you are not too particular on correctness, and it sounds like you are not, you may benefit in using a more common/later 3/8 axle if the frame will accept it or you can adapt it. 3/8 will be easier to find, more durable for your ton of miles and more versatile for adapting the wheel to other riders assuming they are later/larger 3/8 axle applications. Food for thought. Ps... I don't have anything for you at the moment, this is not a sales pitch.

Sounds like an earlier/96ish Hartford maybe? If you are not too particular on correctness, and it sounds like you are not, you may benefit in using a more common/later 3/8 axle if the frame will accept it or you can adapt it. 3/8 will be easier to find, more durable for your ton of miles and more versatile for adapting the wheel to other riders assuming they are later/larger 3/8 axle applications. Food for thought. Ps... I don't have anything for you at the moment, this is not a sales pitch.
I am looking for a 3/8 axle as they are more common. I will slot the axle for use on the Hartford if I decide to use that bike. It’s an 1899 Hartford with an early decelerator that is missing parts. The original spokes are tied and soldered, otherwise I’d unlace the original hub and lace it to a modern rim. I’ll be abusing this wheelset on Texas gravel…

I am looking for a 3/8 axle as they are more common. I will slot the axle for use on the Hartford if I decide to use that bike. It’s an 1899 Hartford with an early decelerator that is missing parts. The original spokes are tied and soldered, otherwise I’d unlace the original hub and lace it to a modern rim. I’ll be abusing this wheelset on Texas gravel…
Can you modify the frame dropouts for 3/8 instead of slotting the axles? If you can, seems like the least of evils so the axle strength is not compromised considering the intended use.

I happen to have a 99 hartford cat FYI...
Surprised that by 99 5/16 rear axles were still in use! To their credit, a ND brake on a $35. economy bicycle.

Back