When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC Gormully & Jeffery preservation

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

American Vintage Bicycle Supply

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Found this a couple years ago down the street from my house in the original house basement.

Was used until the tires fell off.

I'm looking to preserve it and display it in my house.

In need of good old tires

Someone help with Model and year if you can.

b2564ac6122095d44d12d0d913ca418c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it has GJ rims its almost impossible to find tires. You could try 635 1 1/2 tires British size. They should go on for display with hardly any air in them . If you put to much air in they will blow off the rim edge. Just my take on it. Also nice original bike.

bricycle is correct, pull the seat post and look inside the seat post tube of the frame down by the crank for a tag that looks like this

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/see-to-believe-toc-i-d-tag.118412/#post-787261

If you find the tag it will have the date of manufacture. Just be sure to put the tag back in the frame for the next generation of bike collectors to find again.

As for tires, for display purposes, 28" single tube tires will work. You can even ride 28" single tube tires on G&J rims but you need to first build up layers of Velox cloth rim tape inside the rim to create a crescent area to cement the tire to. That method does work, I've done it, and if done correctly the tire will stay cemented in place just fine for riding.

bricycle is correct, pull the seat post and look inside the seat post tube of the frame down by the crank for a tag that looks like this

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/see-to-believe-toc-i-d-tag.118412/#post-787261

If you find the tag it will have the date of manufacture. Just be sure to put the tag back in the frame for the next generation of bike collectors to find again.

As for tires, for display purposes, 28" single tube tires will work. You can even ride 28" single tube tires on G&J rims but you need to first build up layers of Velox cloth rim tape inside the rim to create a crescent area to cement the tire to. That method does work, I've done it, and if done correctly the tire will stay cemented in place just fine for riding.

I Rode My 28 x 33 Tubulars but the Edge of the Rims Rubbed Off Some of the Side Edge of the Tires, Specially on Curves!!!
I'm Going to Glue Robber on the Edges to Help on the Rubbing!!!! Let You Know Next Time!

Just a word of caution, and I'm not saying it is the situation with every Rambler, but check the joint with the front forks and the bottom of the steering tube. These joints have been known to work loose and come apart in which case it will need reinforcing.

Back