When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC GRIPS INSTALLATION METHODS

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hairspray works great on metal bars and with rubber grips slippery when wet and sticky when dry and won’t damage the grips when you have put on new straight bar’s

I wouldn’t think hairspray on bulldog grips is a good idea just my opinion I don’t know what the inside of the bulldog grip looks like but the outside is leather so to bond leather to metal temporarily no idea

I don’t think I would or have tried hairspray on wood. The tape method sounds like the no harm way. I have a pair of loose wood grips (not bad) I tried this yellow grip stuff made just for this issue on a bike and didn’t work but made a mess and that was on rubber grips. I was thinking about using 3m weatherstripping but not sure about the removal? Maybe that glue for single tube tires that you use heat to remove? One sure way chose the bar’s and grips carefully and leave them as one. If you need another pair buy them

When I had a loose fitting grip I have used 2-sided or Double-sided tape. Built up enough layers to take up the gap then pushed the grip on. Seemed to work for me and made it possible to remove the grip later. I'm sure there are plenty of other ideas out there that would work as well.

I’ve use spray paint on my motorcycle grips for years. It acts like lube going on, holds really well and isn’t too much of a pig to get off.

just make sure its dry before hefting that dank wheelie

I personally use electrical tape and screw on the grips ...... especially on wood bar! I would not use anything else
easy to remove when you need to and won't leave a mess, a little sticky after a few years, but easily removed

Back