When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold TOC Mens Wood Wheel Project Bike For Sale

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$800 Plus Shipping
Zipcode

Mybluevw

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Here is another project that sadly I need to part with so I can pay some bills.
I am not well versed in bicycles of this era so I welcome any corrections and input regarding the origin of this really cool old survivor.

I believe this bike was manufactured in the late 1800s /early 1900s. It is badged as a Rialto but I removed the badge and there is another set of holes in the head tube. My guess is that someone added the Rialto badge because the OG badge had been removed.
The bike still has its original paint and there are some gold pinstripes that still remain as well.
It appears to me that everything on the bike is original and correct.
Wood bars are straight and do not have any cracking/warping.
Wood wheels are in great shape for being 120 years old. Finger joint on front wheel is tight, but there is a minor separation of the finger joint on the rear wheel. I believe it could easily be glued during restoration. The rims are true with no warping but the spokes are deteriorated and would need to be re-laced before riding.
Fixed gear rear hub and original crank/chain. The chain has a master link that has a screw and nut for a pin so you can take it apart... Not sure if that is OG or a clever bodge.
I have carefully disassembled this bike and it came apart amazingly well. All of threads are clean and the bearing cups are in great condition. There may be few ball bearings missing but they are common sizes. One pedal is a little stiff but does rotate.
I have not cleaned the bike, I used penetrating oil to get it apart but that is all I have done to it.
Let me know if I can provide any additional information.
I will gladly pack and ship the bike in the US.

Back