When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC mystery bike; round rear dropouts

-

IngoMike

I live for the CABE
There was another inquiry into these round rear dropouts about a year ago, but no real information came out of the post. A few names of manufacturers were thrown around, but nothing really substantial was presented. I now have this mystery frame with the round rear dropouts, circular discs, and mounting pegs, but no head badge or other info. that I have found. The bike has a serial number of #46053 on the seat stays behind the seat post, no binder bolt. Overall the manufacturing is very nice.
Does anyone have any info. they can provide on this style of dropout/frame? I would appreciate any info. that is provided, thank you!
fullsizeoutput_4b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_4c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_4f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_4e.jpeg
IMG_7195.JPG
IMG_7196.JPG
IMG_7158.JPG
IMG_7159.JPG
IMG_7164.JPG
IMG_7154.JPG
IMG_7155.JPG

IMG_7167.JPG

It looks like Locomotion may have been a little loco in his 100% Erie claim on this bike,,,,from a little more research it looks to be a Daycycle. The chainring, cranks, bars, stem, seatpost, fork crown, head badge holes, as well as the rear dropouts and frame, all match perfectly. I don't know about the Erie, but I think it might be something other than this bike....
Check it out: http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1890-daycycle.41014/
IMG_1055.jpg

why do you ask if you are going to tell me I am f..... crazy when I help with a lead?
all I know if that my frame/fork was identical, and that my components are all different than on your bike, and I know my bike to have all it's original parts
and I said I was 100% sure the bike was Erie, not that I was 100% sure your parts were wrong,
so my claim is only 50% Loco, surely not 100% Loco :)
I really don't care what your bike is, I was just trying to help with a lead
here is my badge:
crazy of me to think both bikes were the same ..... but wait , the damn head badge are identical as well, just with 2 differents manufacturer on them
DSC08933.JPG

Last edited:
"Here is some info showing a bankruptcy in 1903 and a web link of Day Manufacturing Co. buying Queen City Cycle Co. in 1896." Quote from Rustyspoke
http://seiz2day.com/lakeviewny/bikefactory.htm
Day Cycle.jpg

so from this info, my bike = 1895 or 1896, probably 1895 taking into account my serial number and the 250 bikes/a day production rate

and your bike 1896-1903, and from the 1898 photo, it shows the sprocket that is on your bike

Last edited:
Back