When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC neophyte help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

KingSized HD

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I hope I’m not breaking any taboos asking about a bike pending for sale, if I am please let me know. I want everyone to keep everything positive but I’m interested in buying this TOC bike.https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/for-sale-unrestored-toc-bike.127057/ I’m a total TOC neophyte and looking for guidance here as it would be my first.

What’s a realistic estimate of the cost of parts needed to actually (lightly) ride this based on what we know from @Familyman ‘s post?: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/toc-wooden-rim-unknown-maker.125497/

It looks like it needs seat, tires and grips but you TOC guys know more than me. I don’t have to have NOS replacement parts but rider quality to match the bike’s patina. Hope y’all can help out. Thanks much.

this is the kind of bike you hang on the wall and enjoy as is- my 2c
This is why I haven't picked it up myself. Looks like something I can really stretch my legs on, but it's complete & unmolested. Be kind of a shame to mess with it. If you do decide to get it on the road, I'd say it would take a newer saddle(Brooks would look great) a wheelset built with either Velocity Blunts or Noah's reinforced wood clinchers(between $300-500+, depending on what hubs you chose to use). Possibly a chain as well depending of the block chain's condition.

Or you can pick up a Wally-World 29'r and swipe the wheelset off of that. Not the best components or period, but at least it gets you rolling.

They're mostly all rideable.
As stated above, time, money and determination are the main factors.
Easy enough to swap out wheels, saddles, chains etc.
You can always keep the original parts for displays etc.
In this instance, I wouldn't personally restore it, it's way too lovely as it is!
Just clean it and enjoy riding it on sunny, summer days.
You wouldn't regret it!
As to value, I have no idea.
Probably something better discussed in private messages with someone who's opinions you trust.
Good luck.

Can you handle that size frame ? repro grips 100 seat leather 50 tires 350 . Are you a giant fatso ? if yes then you have to go the new wheel route - I weigh 187 and have yet to break decent original wood rims if the spokes are solid my 2 cents nice thing about this bike is that it is all their

Back