When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC Pedals?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Last part for today from this 1890's Hartford:
These pedals are complete with caps and spin very smoothly.
I haven't cleaned them and with the right treatment I think there is evidence of plating still in-tact.
Even the rubber pads are in-tact!

I believe from their form and the even wear across this bike that these are original pedals and are probably pre-TOC.
I wanted to ask the informed masses if these pedals match any other known pedals as they have no identifying marks.

ALSO curious what the generally accepted method of "straightening" the regularly bent tip of the pedal?

They measure: 2'' wide & 4.5'' long including spindle.

Attachments

• DSCN2582.jpg
    DSCN2582.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN2585.jpg
    DSCN2585.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN2586.jpg
    DSCN2586.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN2583.jpg
    DSCN2583.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN2584.jpg
    DSCN2584.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 110
I'll tell you what not to do... do not pry against the domed center dust cover... they are very soft. I usually use a very heavy pr. of long nose pliers, and gently form to shape.

pedal repair

Good call, for fear of damaging the dust caps I've stayed away from them. I figured a more experienced hand would have a better chance salvaging them without marring or scraping.

I considered pliers but again, perhaps the job should go to a pro.

Could you pull the cage off of the pedal body? Then you could back the cage up with something solid like an anvil edge and use a body hammer and dolly.

Pedals

I have these pedals on two bikes 1897 Adams Butler from Chicago and 1898 Carroll from Philadelphia. They are very nice pedals.

Back