When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold TOC Rambler $1100.

-

kermit

Finally riding a big boys bike
1903-5 Rambler.. 24" frame.. In very good condition.. Christy TYPE saddle and I have the pans for the leather.. New cork on grips.. new spokes rims look solid and straight.. I have both peddles but one the out board bearing needs work, other pedal is fine.. Cleaned greased and ready for tires.. The handlebars have some dents on the underside where someone got a little carried away with a hammer, can't see it from the top.. Sorry no name tag ....$1100 plus shipping

IMG_5931.JPG

IMG_5932.JPG

IMG_5933.JPG

IMG_5934.JPG

IMG_5935.JPG

IMG_5937.JPG

IMG_5938.JPG

IMG_5939.JPG

Last edited:
Nice Rambler. This is not a '98 GJ Rambler though. It's definitely a ABC/Pope Rambler, maybe 1903 or there abouts.

The '98 seat stays were aluminum capped at the main frame, the down tube lugs were more of the spear design like the lugs at the bottom bracket on this frame. The single screw at the chainwheel/crank spoke is not GJ but ABC/Pope, GJ were two screws. The stem and headset design is ABC/Pope.

Nice Rambler. This is not a '98 GJ Rambler though. It's definitely a ABC/Pope Rambler, maybe 1903 or there abouts.

The '98 seat stays were aluminum capped at the main frame, the down tube lugs were more of the spear design like the lugs at the bottom bracket on this frame. The single screw at the chainwheel/crank spoke is not GJ but ABC/Pope, GJ were two screws. The stem and headset design is ABC/Pope.
Can you tell me the difference between the light roadster and the racer?? Please lets continue this in private as this is for sale and if I'm wrong I will take it off the market But I think I have prof that I may be correct with the 1898.. Looking forward to private conference Dave W.

I collect Rambler cars. This bike would be the same company, right? From Wiki...

"The Rambler was an American bicycle brand manufactured by the Gormully & Jeffery Mfg. Co., in Chicago from 1878 to 1900. This bicycle brand was created by Thomas B. Jeffery and was the predecessor to Jeffery's Rambler automobile.

In 1897 Jeffery built his first automobile, it was a simple single cylinder car with bicycle wheels. It was a forerunner of the 1901 Rambler Model A."

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Thank you for your input on this bicycle.. It seems you are not the only one that thinks this is a later Rambler.. Another Cabe member puts it at a later date also.. With the information that I have now I believe you guys are correct.. On a close up they are very similar but very different.. So what kind of date should I put on this to make it accurate? I don't want to sell it with incorrect information.. Thank you and the guys for the information.. Most everything you pointed out is correct on this bicycle.. Thank you.. Dave Wightman

I collect Rambler cars. This bike would be the same company, right? From Wiki...

"The Rambler was an American bicycle brand manufactured by the Gormully & Jeffery Mfg. Co., in Chicago from 1878 to 1900. This bicycle brand was created by Thomas B. Jeffery and was the predecessor to Jeffery's Rambler automobile.

In 1897 Jeffery built his first automobile, it was a simple single cylinder car with bicycle wheels. It was a forerunner of the 1901 Rambler Model A."

This was made after Jeffery sold it to Pope

Back