When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold TOC Saddle ?

-
Price
In Post
Zipcode

Schwinny

I live for the CABE
Looking to trade or sell this old saddle in the pile but Im not sure what it is. It is not marked.
Most everything about it is pictured.
Plywood base
Excelsior or mohair? stuffing
The front frame bars underneath pictured are not broke or cut, they just end at slightly different lengths. The plywood above is broken right there.
The tape residue on top is pretty old and comes off easily but I dont want to chance messing something up that a pro could easily do.
Not in terrible shape, If I had the need and inclination, I think I could disassemble and fix it myself. Seems all it needs is a new plywood base and stitched back together.
Im looking for a Brooks B66-ish or Lycette Aero saddle (a sprung style) in decent condition for my 30's English Clubman. To trade or partial trade.
Im not sure what its worth but I know what value I put on it :) somewhere around $100 If you think that is too little or too much, let me know. (especially too little :) )

Last edited:
That nose spring is broken indeed, it should go all the way back to the bolts, you are missing half of it.

That nose spring is broken indeed, it should go all the way back to the bolts, you are missing half of it.View attachment 1431598
View attachment 1431600

View attachment 1431601
I understand, and I thought so also at first but there are no other pieces inside except a plate between the two springs in back. No latent bar marks in the under leather where spring bars might have been. No spring bar depressions in the plywood there. It seems to me the Plywood was used as the seat and the springs were attached to the back and the front. The plywood used as a spring action itself. It looks like the plywood broke right there because that was a load bearing fulcrum point.
Also, the ends are clean and have nickel plating on them. They weren't cut or broken. I would think they would be gnarled in some way if they broke or were cut, certainly not re-plated.

Your example seat is slightly different, does it use a plywood base also?

Last edited:
Yes plywood.
This looks like someone has replace two of the nuts... long ago though.
Notice my thumb in the pic. under it is a slider plate that loosens to move the front spring one inch forward or backward. That wouldn't work if those were extended and bolted to the rear.
Does yours have that? I see two bolts up front in yours whereas this one has one, with two places for it to attach depending on its slider position.
I think this one just has an adjustable length nose.

I may prefer to call it "Deluxe" now.... 😁
Thanks for the prodding, it makes me take a closer look and think things through.
I still think its supposed to be this way.
This one is 7" wide by 11" long before nose extension

Last edited:
Back