When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC Seat ID. Any help is appreciated!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ok dug into old thread and found it- may be it with different spring pattern maybe not- forgive me as I live in Wisconsin. Search for sale as this is just a picture of the thread.

The spring arrangement looks like parts are missing or the springs may have been replaced. The springs look like the dual compound type, compression on top, and expansion on bottom, but no apparent mechanical attachment in between, making the lower expansion portion nonfunctional.

Once one accepts that parts may have been swapped, could an older piece of leather have been matched with a fairly modern seat frame?
And then some people might like to match new leather with older compound spring seat frames?

Last edited:
The spring arrangement looks like parts are missing or the springs may have been replaced. The springs look like the dual compound type, compression on top, and expansion on bottom, but no apparent mechanical attachment in between, making the lower expansion portion nonfunctional.
Agreed...missing the parts like on the example I posted from eBay...the midspan spring "cups" and "U" shaped strut that goes between the upper section and down through to the bottom of the rear springs.
Screenshot_20220131-184435~2.png

Now, a question I have for you all, is what does the hardware look like connecting these two spring actions. If anyone has one of the bolts not in a seat(or in a seat that they can get a good picture of, that would be great. Thanks!

For simple compression springs (rear), the springs would attach the same as how the likely replacement compound springs already are shown.

Normally, compound spring arrangements that I have seen, have a staple like u-bolt attached to the top rear of the saddle frame and bolts through the compound springs; (there are more complex arrangements).

The simplest attachments to the middle of the springs, in between the compression and expansion ends, would be horizontal bolts and specially shaped washers for the bolt heads inside the springs. These bolts would attach to the lower portion of the seat frame; (note that the bolt holes in the frame would be horizontal, left-right, and not vertical as seen in your example).

How to make a compound spring seat out of a simpler compression-only spring seat is an interesting idea.

Last edited:
The seat has finally arrived! I will do my best to try and get pictures tonight. Thank you for all of the help!

Tag is illegible, but something I noticed is the oval stamping of a brand. Also illegible with the very faint of letters that I can’t read. Anyone have ideas? What I can tell is the letters are in English.

40F953AF-784E-48A5-91C4-3C90F2CD0135.jpeg

5F27E072-22B9-4CF7-ABBB-951C8D2D079F.jpeg

8EE0DBA3-4537-42DB-96F2-D0AB823C9688.jpeg

Dane it looks like it says genuine leather.
Sean
It does! I was able to read the other side better. Genuine Hide Top specifically is what it says. Any idea on brand from that?(not sure if maybe one company preferred “genuine hide top” instead of “genuine leather”

Back