When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC...Who am I? Barn find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Rear Wheel Dropouts do not match any Patee I can find.

It actually matches my picture perfectly! I believe this bike is a Patee but usually the dropouts are not indicators of what a bike is. There are times when dropouts are a good indicator - like a "Mittens" for instance and sometimes a "LaClede as well.

But, I think we should look at the seat stays and how they connect to the seat cluster ( and of course the crank/chain ring on the Patee ) to determine that it's 99.99% match for me.

But again, I could be wrong!

Have you tried to put some linseed oil on the frame to bring out the color? It looks like it's maroon color to me in a couple of pics.

Sure - I'll dig them out but what color is this bike? Have you had a chance to look at it with a light and magnifying glass? It looks maroon in a couple pics.

That´s a Fauber crank with the Fauber Crown sprocket, generic and used by many. They were patended in 1895, if i remember right. But i think the Crown sprocket first appeared around 1898. They were common here i Sweden til the end of the 1910´s.

I'm sure if I'm related or not, last name Faubert?
I'm looking for the dust covers / end caps for this style of bottom bracket (which are still available but they do not include the end caps, I know it as Thompson, but have seen the name: Fauber as well, can you help?
I’m looking to buy a pair of handlebar grips for a Excelsior bicycle that I’m rebuilding. I’m not attempting to make the bicycle all original, as many of the parts were missing, Instead it will be rebuilt with parts I like. Have you seen grips as pictured below and or something similar as I have seen on a bicycle that you posted? They do not have to be in perfect condition, I'm willing to put the time into restoring them. I'm not sure if you have any, could you suggest someone that might be able to help.
Thank you so much
Kevin Faubert

Grips.jpg

Back