When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOC Wood Rim Makers Info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Fairbanks Ad 1894 - Zimmerman

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 16.11.50.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 16.09.20.png

Not TOC, but I don't think it's totally off topic, and only relates to Lightweights.
For someone like me, who likes to build up old frames in a tribute to their original form, but with modern functionality.
Grand Bois in Japan sells wood rims to fit modern tubular tires, and is easier to shop than you might guess.
http://www.cyclesgrandbois.com/SHOP/ghisallorim.html

gizaro_rim_1.jpg

Last edited:
Metal Clad Wood Rims.... I have been asked when did the first metal clad wood rims appear? This is in relation to the full metal jacket - rather than metal attached to wood rims... like Dunlop clinchers. As far as I can tell the Lobdell patent gives us a fair idea as to the date these rims would have appeared - around 1909 pre - patent. Below you will find Lobdel's patent for 1910 for the metal clad wood rim.

US964984 copy.jpg

US964984copy1_000002.jpg

US964984copy1_000003.jpg

US964984copy1_000004.jpg

Last edited:
1898 - English discover the advantages of wood rims for racing. From the Detroit free press 1898.

Detroit free press 1898.png

Back