When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today’s score,Original owner 64 Lime

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bman212

Look Ma, No Hands!
Popped up on local Craigslist last night. I set up the meeting for first thing this morning and made the 1/2 hour drive to pick it up.
Original owner March 1964 Lime bike. Owner grew up in Chicago and got the bike for his birthday in August of 64. Wrong front rim was replaced after he slipped from the handlebars and stuffed his foot in the spokes. The crash bent the rim and pedal. I’ll be cleaning it up and will track down a pedal and wheel. The deals are still out there.

0A87C28B-371F-41CA-8AB9-DA8AD88BD207.jpeg

757803CA-BAB5-4F1F-8A5C-D1C1EF0C70FC.jpeg

6A58CD44-0715-455F-B511-0DD915F6395E.jpeg

ED66E524-9E2E-463D-8C71-ADFF892D8825.jpeg

89D5C67A-64C4-4EDA-B8FD-804340F537E0.jpeg

Guess I missed that one! Went thru Craigs Saturday evening and I didn't see that one. Sweet find, and Lime is my favorite.

Last edited:
I had been out of the scene for a very long time. Had sold everything except 3 bikes then a friend started asking questions about Stingrays last month and now I’m right back in it. Going to dig through the shed in the next day or two to see what’s left out there. I think I have a proper front wheel and know that there’s a set of early pedals out there. Now I’ve got the two 64’s along with a 68 Fasty and a 75 5-speed that was also an original owner bike.
Been watching CL and hadn’t seen much. Was surprised last night by this one. Owner said that he had 4 emails this morning of people after me interested. Didn’t even try to negotiate with him. It’s too god a bike and was way too cheap to hesitate.

Super stoked on this one.

Well the pix were in order...
1 is what I started with
2 is about 90% done. Still need to focus around the spokes
3 shows one of the lips about half done
4 shows where I started working up over the corner onto the center section
5 shows mid cleaning of a section with a wet pile of rusty paste.

I use 0000 steel wool with some Quick-Glo for lubricant. I typically will work all the way around the lip then one side of the flat before flipping the wheel and starting over. I save the cleanup between the spokes for last as it really is the most tedious. It would probably go a lot faster if I just unlaced the wheel but didn’t really feel like spending time in the garage hunting for my spike wrenches. I just popped off the wheel and laid in on a towel on my lap while the wife and I watched some TV last night. This was about an hour of work and will be another hour fiddling around the spokes but I think this wheel cleaned up very nicely so far.

Another hour or two spent on the rear wheel while watching TV the other night and she’s all done. One spot about 6” long that’s pretty dull but rest shined up nicely.

2E346F39-C84D-4ECB-8B26-17854BCBAAC1.jpeg
A24E07BA-ED30-453E-95AB-F464CA78ACAE.jpeg

Also found a later front wheel that I’ll put on the bike for now. On the hunt for a correct 64 wheel.

Back