When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todays Find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikeyard

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Not as cool as yesterdays but interesting non the less. 1937 Raleigh Tourist. Rod actuated drum brakes. Complete with factory parts list, Original Warranty, and hub literature.

Attachments

• IMG_2882.jpg
    IMG_2882.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2883.jpg
    IMG_2883.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2884.jpg
    IMG_2884.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2885.jpg
    IMG_2885.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2886.jpg
    IMG_2886.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 147
I actually like this one better. Absolutely awesome. I've seen ones this old with standard stirrups but not rod and drum in the US. I've only seen a couple rod and drum in the US and they were from the 1950s-60s. 28 inch wheels or 26?

I actually like this one better. Absolutely awesome. I've seen ones this old with standard stirrups but not rod and drum in the US. I've only seen a couple rod and drum in the US and they were from the 1950s-60s. 28 inch wheels or 26?

28 Inch.

I picked up a 61 Tourist a few weeks ago that is stunning 26" and metallic blue, which I have never seen that early. That one is very nice and has the leather tool pouch with the literature in it as well, even has the hub wrench.

That's really a complete find. Best English bike and accessories that have turned up in a long while. My experience has been that New England is the best spot for old/rare 3 speeds. Apparently there was a fair bit of adult cycling and student use even before 3 speeds caught on elsewhere in the US.

Raleigh

Here is the 61. Not as accessorized but in really nice shape

Attachments

• IMG_2894.jpg
    IMG_2894.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2893.jpg
    IMG_2893.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2892.jpg
    IMG_2892.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2891.jpg
    IMG_2891.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 121
Great Looking Bikes!

What a great find. I have really been getting in to the vintage tourist style bikes. They are pretty underrated and very nice to ride. I can find 60's and 70's models all day long, but rarely ever see anything like either one of those. That black one with the rod drum brakes and the Sturmey Quadrant shifter is very cool. All you need is the battery can.

I know these are a dime a dozen, but here is my late model Sports:

DSCF0079-1.jpg

I have a Men's and Lady's Superbe that are still in the clean up process.

What a great find. I have really been getting in to the vintage tourist style bikes. They are pretty underrated and very nice to ride. I can find 60's and 70's models all day long, but rarely ever see anything like either one of those. That black one with the rod drum brakes and the Sturmey Quadrant shifter is very cool. All you need is the battery can.

DSCF0079-1.jpg

I shouldn't need a battery can with the generator hanging on the fork. Hopefully it works.

DSCF0079-1.jpg

They really are underrated. They ride great and are very durable.

Oops! Totally missed the generator. Last one of those I saw like that had a very similar light but with a battery can.

Back