When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today's garage find

-

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird

Just picked this Schwinn Typhoon up from original owner. Dates from April 64. Dirty, but not much rust. I know nothing about middleweights. Sold my original Phantom in '63 for 8 bucks when these banana seats were first coming out. Looks like a cool bike for the old tinker to tool around town on. Paid 50 bucks. She would have taken 20. I never mess with middle weights or these little bikes. I think it's worth the 50. What do you Schwinn guys think? Did this bike have fenders? Anyone got a photo of an original one? I think it's a 24 inch frame. It measures 41" , axle to axel. Thanks, Tink. I asked her if she had any other stuff in the garage, I would have loved to poke around. They lived there since 64. She didn't know and I didn't want to be pushy. Do you guys think it came this way, or was it a standard Typhoon, that was made into a krate looking bike?

Last edited:

1964 Typhoon (26")

(had to get Wal-Mart grips at the time, but other than that, it's original)

The "Ape Hangers" and banana seat add cool factor to yours! Someone was into rodding their bikes!

Last edited:
Back