When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today's Score - A Classic Rudge

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
She's done - and looking pretty alright.

IMG_20220526_163606846.jpg

IMG_20220526_163634240.jpg

IMG_20220526_163626272.jpg

IMG_20220526_163616307.jpg

NICE!

now why can’t manufacturers make nice stuff like that any more?

I mean... besides the fact that it wouldn’t sell because people won’t pay for that kind of quality.

NICE!

now why can’t manufacturers make nice stuff like that any more?

I mean... besides the fact that it wouldn’t sell because people won’t pay for that kind of quality.
...and companies figured out to sell us things that don't last 100 years with only minimal maintenance.

...and companies figured out to sell us things that don't last 100 years with only minimal maintenance.
The bike shop I work at occasionally has a customer leave a bike for us to use for parts. I guess its an easy way to unload a machine which has been brought in for a service but for which the quote for repairs is too high and so the customer has decided the old nail just isn’t worth it.

Last week I noticed an old and very dusty Centurion hanging in the back, upon asking about it I was told I could could take it home if I wanted. Someone had already removed the pedals, seat and post but the bike was other wise complete and only needed those pieces, a good clean, some oil and a cable to get it working like new. Yeah, the drive train is worn but it runs beautifully and goes like stink with little effort. A check of the specs and serial number shows I now have a 1977 Pro Tour to play with.

Its a far higher quality bike than most of what goes out of the bike shop doors these days. I’d have killed for a bike like this when I was younger and now its deemed trash?!

Back