When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today's Score - A Classic Rudge

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This might be the angle you wanted. @juvela
if convenient, could you sometime post a closeup of the fork crown cap

16496233016667167654935674446977.jpg

16496234410898067083032717470692.jpg

-----

thanks so much for these responses and the excellent images 😉

yes, it was the "thimble" was curious about; did not recall seeing this pattern previously

in the image of the complete cycle it appeared there might be markings there; in the event it is plain

dynohub: 😧 Homer Simpson dopeslap warranted here

-----

Wheels 32 spokes front ....40 spokes rear = typical English build

VERY USEFUL INFORMATION....

FRONT HUB
....When installing Phillips or Raleigh hubs with fixed cones that fit against a shoulder on the axle, be sure that the fixed cone is on the right ( bicycle drive side ) and the adjusting cone with flats is on the left ( bicycle non-drive side )....very useful information to avoid damage to hub bearings when installing front wheel on "3-speed English racers"....these hubs are quite common on these bicycles and this type of hub actually has a RIGHT and a LEFT side

Can't hold a 'grudge' against a Rudge !

Last edited:
Wheels 32 spokes front ....40 spokes rear = typical English build

VERY USEFUL INFORMATION....
FRONT HUB
....When installing Phillips or Raleigh hubs with fixed cones that fit against a shoulder on the axle, be sure that the fixed cone is on the right ( bicycle drive side ) and the adjusting cone with flats is on the left ( bicycle non-drive side )....very useful information to avoid damage to hub bearings when installing front wheel on "3-speed English racers"....these hubs are quite common on these bicycles and this type of hub actually has a RIGHT and a LEFT side

Can't hold a 'grudge' against a Rudge !
Thank you for the front hub reminder. I've done a few Raleigh-made bikes since taking up the hobby and that part confused me to no end on the first couple! Did you see my thread on the Pride Ride? My most dramatic before/after.

IMG_20220404_170927297.jpg

IMG_20211104_174328.jpg

Oh man that pride ride is awesome, I love it! Even the reflectors and the chain got the treatment!

Back