When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Morphey is now SANCTIONED from the Monroe Swap Meet.

-
A simple text, email, or phone call goes a long way, in both directions.
If you can’t make it, let the guy know.
If he’s a no show, find out why, before you put him on blast.
It always blows me away, when people don’t communicate with eachother, and then get all bent when things go south.

Man I had not heard Bob died. I know the third brother commited suicide a couple years ago. Bob just had retired. I just learned he died of covid. As I recall he did not believe in vaccinations.

Rest in peace Bob you were a wonderful kind man. Todd, Sorry for your loss. Losing 2 brothers so close together has got to be very tough.

Last edited:
This is the kind of stuff that discourages new blood from joining in.In a perfect world it would be first to pay gets a spot and all pay the same price.
Absolutely. It should be first come, first serve basis. It is sad some people have to experience a negative situation to hopefully learn from it. And not to mention the event’s reputation got damaged not only due to half the floor being empty, but also vendors finding out organizers were giving special pricing a favoring a vendor. It is not a good business model.

Absolutely. It should be first come, first serve basis. It is sad some people have to experience a negative situation to hopefully learn from it. And not to mention the event’s reputation got damaged not only due to half the floor being empty, but also vendors finding out organizers were giving special pricing a favoring a vendor. It is not a good business model.
I agree with you on the first serve basis, you pay you get the space. This whole situation will change next year as the "New" organizer Nick Avina will be doing pre-registration and if you don't make payment by the deadline, your space you had last time goes to the next paying vendor. Also, if you don't make payment by deadline registration, price goes up. So, for those that had a Swap Space this year, make sure you send your payment before the deadline to get your same space.

I received a flyer from Nick the other day and next years Monroe Classic Bicycle Show and Swap Meet will be May 7, 2023 and he stated that a General Flea Market will be added to the show where people will be selling everything from soup to nuts. Full info will be sent out in the spring mailer.

Well, we all have bills, life (and death) gets in the way - buy you still need to pay your way ( mortgage, el citric, water, swap meet entry fees😊)

"If you ever have to deal with him in the future make sure you get cash up front.". Play the game fairly and you won't have a problem.You asked for what you got.Too bad everybody cant get special prices and spots.

Back