When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tom Ritchey Glenn Erickson Everest roadbike dripping with campagnolo parts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wanna_ride?

On Training Wheels
20190615_164107.jpg

MY dad and i bought this at a local garage sale and im pretty clueless about bikes. But i know this one is special, like really special, can anyone help me out with info on it?
heres what i know

Frame is stamped Ritchie and Everest
It was built by Glenn Erickson
it has a chris king gripnut headset (no logo)
most of the parts on it are campagnolo record, chorus, or racing t
it is a 8 speed
it has ceramic mavic sup rims

we are looking to sell it

thank you20190615_163741.jpg

20190615_164107.jpg

20190615_164137.jpg

20190615_164153.jpg

20190615_164145.jpg

You probably should have listed this in "Vintage Lightweight Bicycles" for your information request. Per forum rules if you want to sell here you must list a price and location and place an ad in the For Sale section. V/r Shawn

Definitely a doctors or dentists bike set up like that. Guy had money but didn’t really ride.

Late 90’s era. Most likely a Kinesis carbon fork. Racing T was only around for a few years before the road crowd started to accept compact gearing. Not common, but not special either. Basically a different crank(witch dose not look like Campy) and derailleurs. Funny now how they still used a road cassette...

Ritchey drop outs are common on many steel frames from $700 to $6000 dollar bikes. Same with Everest. Just another company that offered parts for frame builders.

Uniqueness generally is in frame construction techniques like lug work, brazing, chrome, internal cable routing, braze-ons for racks or fenders etc. This appears to be a fairly basic ( but still nice) frame.

Value is in the eye of the purchaser. I’d keep on walking if the price was over $1000. Used custom bikes are a tough sell and generally don’t hold value any better than a similar off the shelf bike unless you are that gotta have it now kinda guy. Very limited market as you’d have to find a tall buyer that wants someone else’s idea of a dream road bike. Perhaps a collector might want it, but road bike collectors seem far and few between.

Back