When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tomahawk goose neck mystery? Anybody seen this Baby one?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
So, I got in some parts I bought a long time ago, and this Tomahawk neck was in them. At first I thought it was cut down somehow because it's so small, but after staring at it for a few hours I realized it might just be a Jr. or ladies version.

I have owned both the full size 'razor' version and the 'fat' version, both of which have about the same dimensions for the size of the tomahawk itself; about 4.25" long, but this one is only about 2.75" long!

It's got a 4" rise from the split tube bottom to the long bolt surface, but all other tomahawks I have seen are much longer.

Has anyone ever seen this one before? I sure haven't. The plating is clearly original, and not replated, and the edges look factory, not like it's been cut down.

The contour on the back side is different when I compare it to photos of a conventional, full size razor tomahawk, which bolsters my thought that it's not cut down, but a different version.

Curious to know your thoughts... tell me what you know?!

Thanks!
Balloonatic O-O

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

Last edited:
Very unusual.
It looks like a rough casting.
Maybe custom made?

It looks factory to me, just with some pitting. It was likely polished, but in person doesn't look like a rough cast or sand casted repro, compared side by side with my known original fat tomahawk, the manufacturing qualities match up pretty well. Even inside the tube looks factory, not rough as it would had it been sand cast.

Yeah, I just saw all the pitting and thought they were voids from a amateur casting job.
But the precision of the shape certainly looks professional.

Back