When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tomahawk gooseneck [ebay]

-
That's not a collector in my eyes. And all those shiny shelbys usually are hiding sin under all that shiny paint. Like rotten tanks full of bondo.
Yeah and then there are the bikes with fake tanks, cut down girls racks, fiberglass parts but we all collect within our means and tastes. Some folks like crust, some like shiny, and some just like a nice, complete bike regardless of the parts on it whether fake or not--doesn't make them any less of a collector, does it? V/r Shawn

Never really got the Shelby connection?, I always thought I was 80's collectors wanted deluxe bike with deluxe accessories ( just a aftermarket neck except M & S Zephyr ), any OG period documentation for Airflow with a Wald #4?
I've never seen any Shelby factory literature showing either the Wald 4 or 5 (tomahawk) stems on factory Shelby bikes. I've seen these found on Schwinn, Colson, and others as this was an aftermarket stem. For whatever reason though you see these stems and the knuckleguards (also aftermarket) primarily on Shelbys even though they could have been put on any brand bicycle. V/r Shawn

So ANY bike is OK. ANY condition is OK. Original manufacture parts or "fake" are OK.
Terminology is what determines who is a real collector or not? Now who defines the word collector?

Back