When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tomahawk stems

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

View attachment 709703 There were three that I know of.
Wald # 4&5
I'm not sure what the third one's model designation was, but we had a discussion on it a while back, and somebody produced a patent drawing for it.
I've always thought of it as a prototype, but I've got one, and it was definitely out in production.
Yes, I believe it's the same as the last one pictured in Marty's post. I remember the odd cap nut used in this application.

Not very good pics but as far as I remember the golden zephyr is the only bike that came equipped with the stem, ?? , I don’t remember seeing it in any other brands ads as original Equipment on any other bike, oh ya, without crossbar handlebars I'd call them NEUTER necks (ball splitter), especially the #3 razer stem!
CE666402-F208-4A80-942F-63053E7D62F4.jpeg
4BAEB8CC-705A-4634-9F4E-8C1F9584CA41.jpeg
image.jpg
D6C3C44C-BD56-4AED-B739-DD4F66AB46E7.jpeg
B9BBB931-1942-4070-8BDC-9C2F3CB33700.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's one I just got; I've never seen this size before? At first I thought it was maybe shaved down from a full size one, but the more I look at it, the more I think it may just be a Jr. or ladies version, or maybe for 20" or 24" bike??

I have owned both the full size 'razor' version and the 'fat' version, both of which have about the same dimensions for the size of the tomahawk itself; about 4.25" long, but this one is only about 2.75" long!

It's got a 4" rise from the split tube bottom to the long bolt surface, but all other tomahawks I have seen are much longer.

Has anyone ever seen this one before? I sure haven't. The plating is clearly original, and not replated, and the edges look factory, not like it's been shaved or filed.

The contour on the back side is different when I compare it to photos of a conventional, full size razor tomahawks, which bolsters my thought that it's not cut down, but just a different, baby version.

Curious to know your thoughts... tell me what you know?!

Thanks!
Balloonatic O-O

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

Back