When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tonton velo site is down!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesper

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just a quick note to those who use the Tonton velo website. The site has been down for a week or more. I am not sure what the status is other than the fact that the forums are inaccessible at the present time.

-----

yes, it has been down for a good ten days or more

they have a notice up that they hope to resume full function on 27 March - that's Monday

-----

-----

yes, it has been down for a good ten days or more

they have a notice up that they hope to resume full function on 27 March - that's Monday

-----
Thanks for the update. I probably did not read anything other than the "red" headline.

Did you happen to glance at the fork crown I posted? I have seen it before; probably on one of my bikes (maybe gone now; that example is not mine). I thought it was a Milremo. Regardless, were the Milremo crowns of French or English manufacture, and what company made them?

-----

read the question when first posted but lack a solid answer so did not reply

have my usual inconclusive information around the edges can post...

---

as regards Tonton had thought to add in that it could still be accessed via the internetarchive.org

so gave it a try prior to posting and discovered that the URL generates and error message there

[headscratch emoji fitteth here]

-----

-----

read the question when first posted but lack a solid answer so did not reply

have my usual inconclusive information around the edges can post...

---

as regards Tonton had thought to add in that it could still be accessed via the internetarchive.org

so gave it a try prior to posting and discovered that the URL generates and error message there

[headscratch emoji fitteth here]

-----
No problem with the crown; just thought you might have some insight regarding it.

I will wait until Tonton reboots next week. I was trying to follow-up on a question I was asked (inre: ALUVAC brakes) when I found the site unresponsive.

-----

IIRC have inserted the ALUVAC name in the Tonton search engine more than once and it comes back with no hits

could be just a glitch of the search engine rather than a genuine lack of mentions...

-----

-----

IIRC have inserted the ALUVAC name in the Tonton search engine more than once and it comes back with no hits

could be just a glitch of the search engine rather than a genuine lack of mentions...

-----
I believe I experienced the same result when searching Tonton for ALUVAC which is the reason I posted the brake calipers on that site. The member inquiry was actually about my Gerbi frame since I made a reference about it in the thread. Member wanted some photos of it. I need to post my Gerbi head badge here when I find it; it is not for the frame I have which is the only decal (that I have seen) Gerbi used as a head badge. Odd for a very early bike and the wide variety of Gerbi badges used over the decades, but it had a likeness of Gerbi on it which would have been difficult given the detail required even though I have seen a very similar head tube and seat tube plate badges with his portrait. My head badge on that frame is just barely discernable only allowing for frame ID given its state of wear; but unable to compare to plate badges. I believe the same decal was used as a seat tube badge on some bikes (later models?). No exact reproductions have been found (one very similar though) and I have only seen it on one other bike (decal still in rough shape, but much better than mine). I will post that image in the Italian head badge thread when I dig up my plate (40s?) version.

Last edited:
-----

visited just now

red message at top in english: "site currently disabled"

below in french it says they hope to have it back up soon but now no date is given

-----

-----

visited just now

red message at top in english: "site currently disabled"

below in french it says they hope to have it back up soon but now no date is given

-----
I had noticed that message after you mentioned that a date was specified previously. Hopefully they are getting the issues corrected with their updated site format.

Back