When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Too Shiny?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

saladshooter

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I dig on the way stuff looks as it ages. Sometimes things age too far and aren't safe to use. I like to use my aged stuff..

So I have a strong desire to bomb a prewar bike down the Vail pass bike path with only vintage gear and not die. So I am building a wheelset using New Departure D & WD brake hubs and NOS DB spokes. The NOS spokes are super shiny..
Enter "Brass Ager". I found this online and gave it a try last night. I really like the results from wiping it on one spoke to prove the concept. Obviously these aren't brass but has the same effect.
IMG_20191001_112753.jpg

IMG_20191001_112932.jpg

IMG_20191001_113051.jpg

So I have a strong desire to bomb a prewar bike down the Vail pass bike path with only vintage gear and not die.
Chad, out of fear for your safety, have you seen the DVD about mountain bike history in California? Check it out, the rear hub of choice was Morrow. I believe the one race was called the "repack" because hub and bearing grease/oil would completely burn out of the rear hubs. @RUDY CONTRATTI can fill you in on the dvd title, I am blanking on it at the moment.

https://mmbhof.org/mtn-bike-hall-of-fame/history/repack-history/

You also start to see drum brakes pretty early on bikes as well. Been wanting to do the whole ride myself. But on my road bike. Gets pretty steep in places I'm sure.

Or wait until there's a bit if snow on the sides of the path to soften the landing if things go bad....:yum:

Back