When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 10 Most sought after Balloon tire bicycle

-
I agree with a lot of these top 10 lists, but I notice many are missing the Silver Kings! The SK M137/Wards Silver Streak wingbar, or the 26x are definitely on my top 10 list. My list goes something like many others here:

#1 35-37 BB
#2 Shelby Streamline Airflo/Hiawatha Arrow
#3 SK wingbar or 26x
#4 Elgin Robin
#5 Elgin Skylark
#6 Aerocycle
#7 '37 Roadmaster Bugeye
#8 39 Schwinn Motorbike
#9 Batwing Higgins Color-flow
#10 36-37 Huffman Streamliner

My list would be slightly different.
1. 1934 Mead Ranger Ace (My first bike that is perfect for someone over 6').
2. 1946 SilverKing hex tube
3. 1939 Silverking Flocycle
4. An Alexander Texas Paris Rocket bicycle (tall bike)
5. 1939 Hiawatha Arrow
6. 1939 Shelby Speedline
7. Silverking Wingbar
8. 1939 schwinn Autocycle Deluxe bicycle
9. American Star High Wheeler
10. Columbia 52" high wheeler (have one very cool ride).

I own a few of these but not all. Never picked up a Star or a Autocycle bicycle due to the high costs.

For me its
1. Double duty schwinn autocycle
2. Streamline Aerocycle
3. 37 Roadmaster Bugeye
4. Rare color schwinn motorbike or cycleplane
5. Mens ballon tire Iver Johnsons
6. Elgin bluebird
7. Elgin twin bar
8. Double blue schwinn c model
9. Mercury pacemaker
10. Monark Hex tube

So I'm new to the cabe and vintage bicycles as well but I checked out all the bikes on Google from the original post... At least the ones that came up... and most were very cool with amazing designs.... Anything with the long nose tank is so cool. Here is the original list: 1. 35-37 Elgin Bluebird 2. evinrude 3. 1940 Lit tank twin flex champion 4. 37-38 Roadmaster with the Bug Eyed tank 5. schwinn aerocycle 6. 1936 Huffman super steamliner 7.Shelby or Hiawatha W/ long Nose tank 8. Mercury pacemaker 9. 1940 elgin 4 star twin bar 10. Elgin twin 60. Of these I like 1 6789 and 10 the best. But yeah we all have different taste. I'm not sure about how rare these 2 are but I would add in the elgin robin and the hawthorne zep.

I like any cheap department store bike, the uglier the better cause you can wheelie the crap out of them and break the frame at the head tube clean off, just watch out for your two front teeth on the way down to the asphalt. Other than that, I am a fan of any 50 lb Schwinn varsity I can get my grubby hands on, tough to wheelie, but you can jump the hell out of one and those steel rims almost never taco.

I am disappointed that nobody put this fine bike on their list............
cheeto promotion bike.jpg

Back