When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top Fueler Drag Fork Project

-
My friend @indycycling introduced me to this thread after showing me the fork on his bike. I am interested in trying to make a set as a project. You mentioned that you had the pattern for the top and bottom plates earlier in the thread, to save me some design time can you share them with me? thanks Chuck

Hey Chuck,
I can do a few things for you. I can send you the plate info with the plate size and hole sizes off sets ect. The fork tube are bent to 60 degrees on a 7 inch center line radius. (7" CLR) I had a special die made for this. You can also use straight tubes to make a cool chopper fork. I also have a "kit" to make these forks. They are stainless steel so they can be polished to a mirror finish. You get top and bottom plates 2 fork tubes bent, steering tube, black caps for fork tube ends. Instructions on how to build them and my phone number. You will have to polish the parts weld them. Drill and round the fork tube ends. Repolish after welding to remove the welding blue. The kit is $350 shipped. Top fueler drag forks should bring $1200 to $1500 now. 2 sets of California Chopper forks aka Whiz Kid forks sold on Ebay for over $900 a few months back.

30 degree bend forks

Hey Chuck,
I can do a few things for you. I can send you the plate info with the plate size and hole sizes off sets ect. The fork tube are bent to 60 degrees on a 7 inch center line radius. (7" CLR) I had a special die made for this. You can also use straight tubes to make a cool chopper fork. I also have a "kit" to make these forks. They are stainless steel so they can be polished to a mirror finish. You get top and bottom plates 2 fork tubes bent, steering tube, black caps for fork tube ends. Instructions on how to build them and my phone number. You will have to polish the parts weld them. Drill and round the fork tube ends. Repolish after welding to remove the welding blue. The kit is $350 shipped. Top fueler drag forks should bring $1200 to $1500 now. 2 sets of California Chopper forks aka Whiz Kid forks sold on Ebay for over $900 a few months back.

View attachment 1764120View attachment 1764122

View attachment 1764123

30 degree bend forks

View attachment 1764124
@Jaxon, Thanks this is a good start.

@Jaxon, Thanks this is a good start.
Forgot to mention fork tubes are 3/4" x 120 wall. If making straight tubes you can use 065 walled tubing. You also need to use seamless tubing because seamed tubing splits when you press the ends. You need a 100 ton press to press the 120 walled tubing..... Yes 100 ton! LOL

Thanks for sending me the Top Fueler decal Jaxon!

Here is my chopper with original fork it’s a work in progress - sourcing a Hangman sissy bar, having black/white checkerboard banana seat made, adding black Stingray decal kit. Think the rear knobby will be replaced by a Slik, maybe even a whitewall. I like the look of the skinny Fastback wheel up front

It's a 64 Stingray frame that was stripped and clear coated when I got it, seemed to be a great match for the chopper fork along with the mag wheel I built up

FB9AF300-7E33-4C23-A4C4-D9E9F0C9A0F7.jpeg

Last edited:
Forgot to mention fork tubes are 3/4" x 120 wall. If making straight tubes you can use 065 walled tubing. You also need to use seamless tubing because seamed tubing splits when you press the ends. You need a 100 ton press to press the 120 walled tubing..... Yes 100 ton! LOL
Hey Jaxon! Really Great work. Was wondering if you have a kit for the straight chopper forks!

Hey Jaxon! Really Great work. Was wondering if you have a kit for the straight chopper forks!
I don't have anymore kits. You can take the template to a water jet cutter to cut the plates. They are 3/16th thick. Fork tubes you can get off ebay. 065 wall tubing will be much easier to press the ends for the wheel axle holes.

Back