When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torpedo Werke

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
L

linzmal

I recently purchased a vintage bike off craigslist and I can't find a single other bike like it on the net. It is a Torpedo Werke AG made in Frankfurt Germany around 1956... I think. The back fender has holes on either side that have been strung to make a skirt. The front fender has an ornament on it (a wheel with wings that says torpedo.) The serial number is 1071698. It has a Raleigh crank and a Sturmey archer 3 speed internal gear shift which I assume where replacement parts. If anyone knows anything about these bicycles or their value I would really appreciate the help.
[/IMG]
photostream

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

did you ever find more info on this bike? I have in a box somewhere a pair of the wheel with wings torpedo ornaments, and I am curious to rhe rarity, value, etc. It is cool to know where they came from though!

Torpedo Werke Logo and interest/WTB pre-war Torpedo Werke

I'm amazed at the similarity between their logo and the USA Cycling emblem; Nearly the same. I have been searching for a good condition military version of same to ride in a springtime charity ride with international military cyclists converging on US East coast. Hard to locate in that condition. - Navy Cyclist

Back