When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torrington 080 nipples

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

41compax

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi, After removing the aftermarket paint and/or oil from my rear wheel nipples, they were still highly stained. Years ago I bought an ammo tumbler to clean all the brass parts and fasteners from old traffic signals that I collect. Anyway, I tumbled the nipples and put them in an ultrasonic to clean the threads and most look a lot more acceptable now. Before going to that trouble I should have asked this question first but is there any reason why I shouldn’t reuse my old nipples in the event I can’t find enough NOS replacement nipples in the relatively near future? Thanks.

I don't see any reason not to reuse them. I reuse spokes and nipples all the time.

Thanks ricobike. In today's mail, I got some 11 3/8 Torrington 080 spokes - not 080-060 spokes – that I purchased on ebay. Even though there aren’t enough to do both rims, they were the first correct length ones for this bike I had seen. They came with 4 sided ¾” total length nipples, as opposed to the 13/16” total length 2 sided nipples that are on this bike. I would like to eventually get enough of the correct length NOS spokes and correct NOS nipples but being able to reuse the nipples was an important issue that you resolved!

Back