When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torrington 10 ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

saladshooter

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Howdy

I picked up a nice set of Torrington 10 pedals and I noticed that the "1" is different than I'm used to along with a slightly different stamping. I have very little doubt these are original Torrington pedals so my question is when did they change the 1?

The first picture below shows the question pedal (earlier?) next to what I'm used to. All the other pictures are of the question pedal.

Thanks
Chad

IMG_20200805_102427.jpg

IMG_20200805_102704.jpg

Hmmm!
I guess I just never looked that close at them before.
Prewar/Postwar type of thing?
I don’t know.
Another pedal variation I just noticed, that I hadn’t payed much attention to, was this pair of Torrington Signal pedals.
Notice the spacing between the glass marbles.
What’s with that, as compared to the typically seen versions in the second photo?

Were the versions with the chrome trim around each marble, model/era specific, or more of a Prewar/Postwar variation?
What gives?
Enquiring minds want to know.
What say you?

ARE THE FIRST PA(sorry)ir marked torrington?- the look like magna.

The 1st pair of tens are what I have mostly seen, I would venture the second pair are early. IMHO

Ahh!
That might explain it.
I thought they might have been aftermarket.
They were just something I spotted on eBay, and wondered about.
They were being marketed as Torrington, but I didn’t look close enough to see if they were scripted as such.
Just a neat looking pair of pedals, that appeared different from what I was used to seeing.
Thank you, for the enlightenment, Paul.
I appreciate it, very much.

^^^^^ year? a third variation? seems like the font is diff - many machines running so there could have been running variations....will we ever know?!
@NBHAA

Back