When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torrington #8 or #10? That is the question...

-

Frosty

Finally riding a big boys bike
Can anybody tell me what number turnington these are? Are they reproduction possibly?
There is no seam in the axle I read that makes a difference.

I'm gonna say repop because Ive never seen any quite like those. They have 1" blocks, so they're 10s. Smaller blocks (3/4?) would be on 8s. All 4 inch pedals. The thing about the seam, as I understand it, wasn't the lack of one but the fact that the seam was locked together with little tabs and slots on the real thing. If they don't have those little lock tabs in the seam, they probably aren't from back in the day. Black set on the left is probably vintage, but a closer look would be needed.

I'm gonna say repop because Ive never seen any quite like those. They have 1" blocks, so they're 10s. Smaller blocks (3/4?) would be on 8s. All 4 inch pedals. The thing about the seam, as I understand it, wasn't the lack of one but the fact that the seam was locked together with little tabs and slots on the real thing. If they don't have those little lock tabs in the seam, they probably aren't from back in the day. Black set on the left is probably vintage, but a closer look would be needed.
Oh yeah the black ones are definitely vintage not repops. The red brick ones were confusing because there's no number on the end cap.

IMG_20220414_142626.jpg

IMG_20220414_142712.jpg

"Westfield, Mass" is another anomaly. Torrington was in Torrington, CT as far as I know. I wonder if these could be from the Columbia repop program?

Back